Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Congos... Going bad

Andrew Bet
@andrew-bet
13 years ago
7 posts

Hey guys, I need some help. I have been going natural for a little over a year, and the bottom back side of my dreads are almost all congoed together. What used to be 4 dreads are now combined into one, and now its making its way up, and is about a quarter way up the back part of my head. I was separating them but I wanted to kind of let them do there own thing, but this past couple months they have been getting bad. one my side is actually congoing to the back too.

I dont mind big dreads, but they are just getting to the point where its becoming a flat piece of matted hair that doesnt even look like a lock. Some parts are around half an inch to an inch congoed so I would like to know if I can separate them now or if it is too late?

Thanks

updated by @andrew-bet: 02/14/15 08:27:57AM
Colt
@colt
13 years ago
17 posts
You should take some pictures to help give us an idea of whats going on. I know that its a lot easier to separate dreads right after a washing and that olive oil can also help. Worse comes to worse you could take a razor to em to separate but understandable if thats against your belief
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

I guess the longer you wait the harder it gets to seperate them. So my opinion is

to seperate now or never. Oil or conditioner will help a bit.

good luck!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when wet opull apart if they wont release wiggle a finfger under just a few conecting hairs and opull up and out itill u release enough to seperate if they really will not come loose afrter trying olive oil on the conecting hairs thebn take an exacto knife while pullu[=-ing the dreads away from eachi[other and carefully surgicly slice just a few hairs at a tikme till u get enough to get to the point where u can rip them apart

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Andrew Bet
@andrew-bet
13 years ago
7 posts

Alright so far I have taken two apart on the side but it required me to cut it since the congoed part was so thick.

I have noticed on my back side of my head a dread is connected to another dread that is connected to one my of big congos in the bottom of my head (this one seems pretty mature so it is already kind of a dread but its takes up about 4 inches wide of my bottom 2 inches of hair, so its pretty big). So if you get what I'm trying to say, all the back side of hair is getting more and more connected everytime I shower.

Is it best that I just start cutting them since ripping them apart isnt really working?

BTW I can upload a picture once I come back from class.

Thanks.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

pics will help yea

its up to u but if u gotta cut go very carefully

then keep ontop of seperating

--
Andrew Bet
@andrew-bet
13 years ago
7 posts

Hope those help, not the best because it's kind of hard holding a slr camera while trying to keep my other dreads out of the way haha.

If you can notice its about 3 dreads in one, and now the roots of those are spreading to the dreads on the top part of my head

Andrew Bet
@andrew-bet
13 years ago
7 posts

Any advice?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wow yea those were mighty thick b4 congoing now that they congoed you got a beavertail starting i would keep trying and surgficaly seperate get help do it caregfully

--
Andrew Bet
@andrew-bet
13 years ago
7 posts

well I basically fixed all of them except for that one the one above it (which I just found out is in the same situation -.-)

So should I try to basically cut them where the dread was beginning at?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form