dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads pulled through at the root

Jack Greenwood
@jack-greenwood
13 years ago
10 posts

Hi,

I've had my dreads in for around 3 months, and everything seems to be going well :) But my stylist has been pulling them through at the root to tighten them. I have read this is not good for them, so is it possible to pull it back through? It's been done twice so far.

Thanks for the help :)

Jack

updated by @jack-greenwood: 02/14/15 11:05:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i hope so why the hell would u go to a stylist

stop that

a stylist is the oposuite of what u want

if they were recently pulled thru iu can hopefuiully undio it if its been to long then no you just got to hope for the best

niw stop wasting money at a stylist

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Yeah its not a very good idea for your dreads...

If possible to undo it, i would go for it. if not, leave it and never

let your stylist touch your dreads again :-)

cheers

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

yes, that method keeps them "neat" but won't dread, Jack. I'd just leave them be & go natural from here. SE and others on here will be able to give you more in depth info, but I think the gist of it is just let them be...Good Luck!! Nancy

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what eklse has this stylist donte to u

i gurantee every bit of its werong

did they crochet? use wax? twist? rebackcomb?

stop going but i need to know everything they did to help u recover theres a salon drwads recovery group on here too

--
Jack Greenwood
@jack-greenwood
13 years ago
10 posts

I'm going to try and undo them tomorrow then. The stylist said that it tightens them up at the root, and so helps them dread!? But I've noticed its not dreading there because of it, and if she did it every time, I'd just have looped hair!

Jack

Jack Greenwood
@jack-greenwood
13 years ago
10 posts

Well, she started them with beeswax, which didn't seem like a good idea. When I went back she wanted to put more in to help hold them, but I said no because they were coming along nicely once most of the beeswax had dried and fallen out. She also crocheted a little to tame the loose hairs.

soaring eagle said:

what eklse has this stylist donte to u

i gurantee every bit of its werong

did they crochet? use wax? twist? rebackcomb?

stop going but i need to know everything they did to help u recover theres a salon drwads recovery group on here too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

she screwed u every time u went

ok wax dont just fall out its extremely hard to remove

crochet was a very bad idea too so was the root flip thing

never ever go back start removing wax undo tghe root flip recover from the crochet and ..leave em alone let em dread

they will be ok but u gotta recover from everything she did

1st undo the root flip then start removing wax

id also request a refund she will never learn that those are all bad ways till ppl start asking for money back

when the wax is gone they will just dread

--
Jack Greenwood
@jack-greenwood
13 years ago
10 posts

So, I shouldn't try and undo them, I should just leave them 'as is' from now, and wait for the magic to happen?

Jack

ExaltHimx7 said:

yes, that method keeps them "neat" but won't dread, Jack. I'd just leave them be & go natural from here. SE and others on here will be able to give you more in depth info, but I think the gist of it is just let them be...Good Luck!! Nancy

Jack Greenwood
@jack-greenwood
13 years ago
10 posts

Ok, thanks for the tips :)
Is there any particular way to remove the wax? It seemed to dry out, become brittle, and fall out after a few days anyway.
I may start undoing the root flip now, sleep later ;)

Jack

soaring eagle said:

she screwed u every time u went

ok wax dont just fall out its extremely hard to remove

crochet was a very bad idea too so was the root flip thing

never ever go back start removing wax undo tghe root flip recover from the crochet and ..leave em alone let em dread

they will be ok but u gotta recover from everything she did

1st undo the root flip then start removing wax

id also request a refund she will never learn that those are all bad ways till ppl start asking for money back

when the wax is gone they will just dread

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form