dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

documenting the process :-)

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hey all!

After i've introduced myself (Frank, 38J., Hamburg/Germany) i think its time to start taking pictures once a while to document the dreading process, and here i go...

The last haircut i got, was i think 3/4 of a year ago. So i kind of started my dread process with short hair.

I have thick, kurly hair by nature, which pissed me off many times in the past, but pleases me a lot by now :-)

After spending the whole june at the beach of south france and surfin' all day long my hair was prepaired really well for the dreading (salted water rocks!).

So in mid of july i stopped brushing my hair, just went on washing it regularly. That way it was separating itself very well and i decided about one month later to go by T&R method. It took about a week to form most of the Babydreads like this.

After that my real journey began. I was kind of scared that all my work will fall apart, but it didn't at all!

so this is the first pic in September, after 2 weeks T&R (week 4)

I keep washing my hair every 4-5 days, cause they are not very oily by nature. I ordered some Dr Bronner Almond soap to try it out, and i also will try the Baking Soda wash.

So here's my next pic about 2 weeks later (week 6)

they did grow a bit i guess, and i'm happy with the result so far, cause every babydread started dreading. A couple fast and a couple slow.

When i go out at the moment i do not wear anything on my head anymore, no tam, no woolhat,

no bandana. I think i look and feel best that way and people should see what i'm going for!

So this is it by now, 6 weeks into dreading.

cheers,

Frank

updated by @frank-schuster: 02/14/15 03:24:28AM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

good job, Frank!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

goin good

short hairs usualy a challenge but seems to be goin ok so far

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

So here is my month 2 update!

Since week 6 i started to wash my hair with dr. bronners almond liquid soap (diluted it 1:15) every 4 days, which i figured out is a good period to keep my hair and scalp clean.

I still not wear a tam during the day ond over the night, but i might start to crochet one before the winter will arrive :-/

so here are the newest pictures after 2 month of dreading...

the major different is, that i got lots of loops at the roots of my dreads, mostly at the top and back of my head...

one from the side...

At all i'm very pleased with the progress and even get some compliments here and there...

have a nice week!!!

updated by @frank-schuster: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

great progress!

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

I've reached the 3 Month of happyness :-))

these pics are taken at day 93, did a BS wash this day. At mid/end of month 2, a lot was going on. plenty of crazy looping, curling tips and eating loose hair is happening right now. Here is the result

and one sideview...

still going on with bs wash every 4th day + adding the oils. Did not any acv rinse yet. stay tuned!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if your getting itchy id use the acv

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Thanx SE, i guess my ph balance is pretty ok, cause i have no trouble with itching or

dandruff, but i keep the acv rinse in my mind :-)

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Today i have reached the 4 Month mark!

here are some new pics, Lots of loops and some start to dread really nice. Have to put an eye on

separating cause some locs start congoing :-)

Still Use BS wash every 4 days with oils and have no probs at all with itching and dandruff :-)

I'm very happy i joined the journey, cause it is makin me happy and leads me to new targets in life,and that's really cool and exciting...

stay tuned!

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Thanx a lot for your nice compliment!

So far, i was never frustrated, because first visuable results came early and it was exciting to watch the transformation day by day :)

Jah bless!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form