dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just a quirky intro

Lisa Palmer
@lisa-palmer
13 years ago
7 posts

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this site, as of like 10 minutes ago. I've been wanting dreads since the first time i saw thm, so when i was like 4 ha ha. I hve since had dreads a few different times, and have taken them out because i just didn't get them in right. I have backcombed, neglect, wax, even pomade instead of wax, i know stupid move. I have really thick wavy somewhat oily hair and it just takes forever for me to do by myself so i usually get some done exactly how i want them, but once i've been working on them for 5 hours or so i just want to be done so i speed thru the process and it looks like crap and falls apart within a day. I'm honestly looking for some help getting them started. I miss having dreads and honestly I look better with them than without them hahahahaha. I think dreads are the most beautiful natural hairstyle a person could possibly have. if hair was meant to look smooth and silk like it does when it's brushed it would always look like that without brushing it. So yeah, i ramble.....

updated by @lisa-palmer: 01/13/15 09:10:07PM
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

I'd say you go the natural method, based on what you said. The reason I say that is cos you talk about it taking forever and then you get tired and rush through them and stuff. If you go about it naturally then, obviously, you won't be doing anything. The downside is it sounds like you're kind of impatient lol and want progress straight away. I completely understand that, but the time it takes definitely pays off in the end, you just have to be patient. If you still want to give it a kick-start by doing another method, then maybe you can ask a friend to help out ?

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Why doin' it at once?

take you time. I did the T&R method and did between 2 and 5 dreads day by day. So after

a week i was done and did it easily all by myself.

Or like Tara said, go the natural way.

Wish you the best!

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

You need to relax, and let em take their course, Whether you use the back, combing, twist and rip, or neglect method. You NEED patience. Dreadlocks are the PERFECT way to learn patience though. So it sounds like this will be a good lesson for you. :-)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop combing

there your done

the day you stop combing you can concider your dreads done..not mature but .. your done your dreading and on your journey

watch it happen

if u really want to start em do tnr (no gunk wax slime nothin)

then give em time

you want dreads so bad then why ya keep takin em out? the only thing u need to dread is not take em out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form