dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are my dreads too dry????

Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts

Hello!!! My dreads are 15 months old andwhen I put them up in a ponytail,
the long ones kinda stick up and they just feel a little dry. Any suggestions to what I could use to make them a little softer?

updated by @celeste: 01/13/15 09:09:42PM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Do you use apple cider vinegar? that's conditioning, or maybe use a little jojoba on them...good luck']

Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
I will try that, should I put any oils in it? I just don't want the top by my scalp to get to soft cause than it won't dread...thank u so much!!! ;)

ExaltHimx7 said:

Do you use apple cider vinegar? that's conditioning, or maybe use a little jojoba on them...good luck']

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

I haven't tried adding oils, a lot of people do, though...I think only a few drops per cup...then rinse out thoroughly...maybe don't pour it on your scalp, just the dreads? Hoping SE will see this and clarify for you']

Celeste said:

I will try that, should I put any oils in it? I just don't want the top by my scalp to get to soft cause than it won't dread...thank u so much!!! ;)

ExaltHimx7 said:

Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Ok thank u, have a great day!!! ;)

ExaltHimx7 said:

I haven't tried adding oils, a lot of people do, though...I think only a few drops per cup...then rinse out thoroughly...maybe don't pour it on your scalp, just the dreads? Hoping SE will see this and clarify for you']

Celeste said:

ExaltHimx7 said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

aloe veraa jojoba africas best all great options your hair will dread fine if u over condition and u get alotta loose hairs switch to sa salt for a week and poof it locks right up

i condition alot like 3/4 of the times i wash or more sometimes use aloe jojoba africas best vitamin e all at same time

once theyre mature dot be afraid to conjdition as needed just try to avoid heavy residue conditioners

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form