Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Week 1 questions

Robert Joe Salyer
@robert-joe-salyer
13 years ago
12 posts

I did my dreads just 3 days ago and they are still kinda poofed out from back combing. I have started to notice a few stray hairs (mainly on the top near the big dreads ) and a lot of them feel really thick. Almost no itchyness on the scalp but a lil bit. When should i wash my dreads and what to do about the loose hairs?? Does wearing a big beanie have any effect?? they look too poofy to wear out in public just yet. Thanks.

updated by @robert-joe-salyer: 01/13/15 09:09:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wash em they will settle down

and do nothing about stray hairs

they look clownlike cause backcombings a rediculouse method that makes u look like a clown and does a fair bit of damage (and pain) in the process thats why i dont really recomend it unless tnr just wont work (it usualy works way better) after u wash a couple times they wont stick strauight out like that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

Wash them when you want. They'll stop sticking up so much when you wash them, mine were like that but settled down after washing them. If they get loose after washing them, don't worry about it, it can happen, but just leave it and it'll dread anyway. As for loose hairs, stray hairs, whatever, that's just a part of the process, there's not much you can do about it but learn to embrace it. Eventually most of them will join a dread or make their own

Robert Joe Salyer
@robert-joe-salyer
13 years ago
12 posts

best way to dry dreads after cleaning them??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sun dry ..air dry..if u must blow dry

dont wrap em up in a towl or anything thats gona restrict airflow

dont tire em up or put n a hat or tam

squeezing with a shamwow can help get alot out so they dry faster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags