Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not enough locks?

daNi3
@dani3
13 years ago
8 posts

everyone i see on this sight has loads of locks... i only have around 20 :( any one else out there that arnt sporting hundreds of dreads? id love to get an idea of what mine will look like after they have matured more.. maybe i should take some out and split them?

updated by @dani3: 08/21/20 09:46:17PM
Angelika
@angelika
13 years ago
12 posts

i also didn't have many when i did the twist and rip thing, just about 17. i did take some out and split them at the back but they opened anyways ;)

even now i think there's not going to be many, but you know what?

better have 20 healthy and nice dreads than 100 candles on your head :D

have a good day

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

20 just means they will be thick in the members search foer chevelle thats what yours will look like actualy think shes got 17 or 18

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
13 years ago
38 posts
Hey I also don't have many, 22 and they are only a month old right now but my previous set I had 30 I believe and I have lots of pics up on my profile of the previous dreads all in one album. It's remarkable how much they change in a year. I mean, right now you probably feel like they are so thin and scragly looking (I feel that way about the set I'm growing now) but they really do thicken up lots over a year, just patience and regular washing will do thoe trick!Keep posting pics and stuff so we can see your progress!
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

I started off with 18, splitted a few (and a few did on their own) and now have 25. They're going to be thick, so if that's what you want, keep them. If not, split them if you can while you're still able to. It's all about personal preference

daNi3
@dani3
13 years ago
8 posts

thanks for the responses guys :) yalls are looking pretty rad i dont feel so bad anymore. Phil ur right.. i do think they look so thin n junk but hopefully it will all even out. for the most part im ok with how things are goin but i dooo have those days where im uncertain and i start comparing mine to everyone elses. i had a lock that was pulling on my scalp due to placement and size and it took me an hour and a half to undue so it would be a pain to redue them all. i naturally have very thick curly hair so its such a change not to have a big poof on my head. plus i had this idea of how my hair was going to look before i did them and its not at all what i had invisioned. I will try to post some pics soon i guess.. i dont like showing off my hair at this stage but id love to get some feedback

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

post pics and when ppl drool all over em you'll feel much beteer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form