Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ends of Dreads unraveling and Many Loops..HELP

Crazy Amanda
@crazy-amanda
15 years ago
26 posts
so i read that rubber bands were a nono so i took mine out and the ends r unraveling will they locks back up??? and i have ALOT of loops they almost look curly...there only 3 months old ..any way to correct this?? or can i let them B and they will correct themself's?
updated by @crazy-amanda: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I would let them be, dreads will fix themselves, but I would embrace the idea of uniqueness rather than be freaked out by it. If there is a really big loop or one that's right by your face that bugs ya, put a bead on it. But relax everything is fine :o)
Crazy Amanda
@crazy-amanda
15 years ago
26 posts
thanksss .. i mean iw asnt to worried cuz as the days go by my dreads look better n better..plus there not really a fashion tihng for me..but i have a few big events comming up that "society" would like me to look nice for lol..(fuck society) in my opinon but one of the events is big for me so ide like to have them a little neater that dayi klidn aliek the way they look like i curled them with a curling iron..probly cuz i ahve them ina bun but its cute!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i love loops :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
if you have a big event to go to, I would try SE's advice with aloe vera gel. Make sure it's 100% aloe vera, and you can use it to tame some stray hairs and such. I've never used it, but I've been told to get it at a health food store and it's refridgerated. Or better yet, get an Aloe Vera Plant. and a while ago I was concerned about formal events and dreads, but SE sent me a link http://dreadlockforums.ning.com/forum/topics/dreadlock-formal-or-we... there is some cool ideas in there
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
yeah rubber bands don't really seem to do much, it was a good idea to take them out, the ends will form in time, I used to have a plethora of curly tips and loops *still do have alot of loops though they are smaller, most of the giant ones I noticed at first have seemed to compress back within their dreads,but sounds like your gettin there, aloe plants can be a nice thing to invest in long term, plus they are useful plants all around. if
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
15 years ago
362 posts
LOVE YOUR LOOPS!!!I know I do! My mate thinks it's sooo terribly cute....I get all excited and bouncy when I find that I have a new loop in my dreads. Any new loop or bump just makes me go all giggly...like a kid with a new toy.
Crazy Amanda
@crazy-amanda
15 years ago
26 posts
THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS!!!
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
i love to see how my dreads form over time eventhough ive only had them for two months. but i just like the journey, its an adventure :)
Crazy Amanda
@crazy-amanda
15 years ago
26 posts
yea mine change like crazy one day i lovee the way they look n the next day it will probly be a day i ahve to go out somewhere and they just wont cooperate...i went to see the Jerry Springer show today n had my dreads in pigtails but it just wasnt working out lol..and ovecorse i sat right in the middle and im on camra liek the whole time lol
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form