Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dandruff and dry scalp

Ryan P. Stroud
@ryan-p-stroud
13 years ago
4 posts
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some tips on how to take care of dandruff and dry scalp with dreads, I've been using residue free shampoo and occasionally bar soap when I'm out of shampoo, now this time of year where I live its summer so I usually will get dry skin and whatnot but I haven't found a way to manage it with dreads. Anyone with suggestions?
updated by @ryan-p-stroud: 01/13/15 09:07:26PM
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts

If you haven't been dreading for a long time it takes a while for your scalp to get used to the routine of not being washed everyday. If you have had them for a little while (dreads) you may need to to do an acv rinse for conditioning. hope this helps.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda teatree rosemary pepermint

what residue free soap u use if dreadheadhq thats actualy causing the dandruff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i was dealing with the same thing. a dry, flaking scalp. i just recently bought aubrey organic's calaguala fern treatment shampoo. its actually for oily hair but it has natural skin soothers and it gets a lot of really good reviews. i noticed a major improvement after the first use. no flakes AT ALL, and my scalp didn't feel dry or tight like before. plus my hair felt squeaky clean and extra knotted. its a little expensive but it works so well. i dilute it in a squeeze bottle of water so i don't need much so it should last a while. also another good shampoo for dry scalp is giovanni's tea tree triple treat shampoo. it makes your scalp tingle:) you can buy it at target or most health food stores. i had to order the aubreys shampoo online because i couldn't find it in stores.
Ryan P. Stroud
@ryan-p-stroud
13 years ago
4 posts
Yeah I've had my dreads for 10 months now and the dryness just came outta nowhere, I haven't been using the dreadheadhq shampoo cause that stuff is shitty. I've been using residue free bar soap shampoo with patuli oil and it cleans my dreads but kills my scalp
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

try the baking soda recipie i bet ya it works

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Karma Kitten
@karma-kitten
13 years ago
2 posts

When I start getting dander and dry scalp, after I cleanse my dreads in the shower, I mix 15 drops of tea tree essential oil or so with water and dump it over my head and just leave it.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form