Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Incense to make dreads smell nice?

Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
with all the residue free shampoo, as well as not washing my hair for a week, my hair starts to smell pretty nasty. anyone have any experience using incense smoke to scent hair? im doing it right now, ill let you guys know the results
updated by @daniel: 02/14/15 12:31:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
your hair shouldnt smell nasty unless theres a problem1 had u used wax ever even once?2 could u have put em in a hat while still damp?3 is your hair excessivly oily4 is your environment stinky or dirty?incence might help a lil oils would help more but lets address the cause of the problemif any of the above apply lets fix itu can try this too in case of molda cup or so of white vinagar add 1/3 or so cup water and 30 or so drops lavander oil spray on and leave onthe vinagar smell will fade slowlyaltternatately make a very strong thyme tea (a cup of thyme near boiling for 20 minutes) ..spray on or soak well leave on all weekafter washing u can do a weker vinagar version as a preventative

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
nasty isnt exactly the right word. what i meant was it smells like hair and that i dont like the smell of hairand for the record1) yes, once, but its all out (i used several wax removal techniques)2) no3) nope, dry4) not at alland my dreads arent old enough to really hold any water yet, let alone grow moldalso arent oils just more residues? seems like it would inhibit the dreading process
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
oils u only add a drop or 2 to add scent.you can add a few drops to your sea salt spray or your after wash rinseyour hair naturaly should have some oils to be hewalthy, too much or too lil is the problema few drops of a nice scented oil will probley make your scalp produce less natural oilsyou could use herbal teas instead of oils as well Daniel Ordonez said:
nasty isnt exactly the right word. what i meant was it smells like hair and that i dont like the smell of hair

and for the record

1) yes, once, but its all out (i used several wax removal techniques)
2) no
3) nope, dry
4) not at all

and my dreads arent old enough to really hold any water yet, let alone grow mold

also arent oils just more residues? seems like it would inhibit the dreading process

--
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
how do you use tea as a scent? just wash your hair in it? any particular tea you reccommend?also, do you think the incense is a bad idea? how harmful could it be...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
nah not a bad idea or harmful that i know of just probly not as affective..teas like lemon balm pepermint (careful round eyes) lavander hibiscus sage any scent u like ..spray it onbut like i said the opils are fine if used sparing and will give a stronger more lasting scent (another reason to not use too much) Daniel Ordonez said:
how do you use tea as a scent? just wash your hair in it? any particular tea you reccommend?

also, do you think the incense is a bad idea? how harmful could it be...

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
inscense still produces smoke which will leave something like soot in your hair. You really dont want that to build up as over time it could create a resin of sorts.My best advice would just be too include a few drops of tee trea or lavendar oil in your shampoo or rinses.Also the baking soda rinse always leaves my head fresh and clean
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea i add oils to my baking soda as well as to the vinagar rinsei use a good bit u can use lessi use teatreee rosemary and lavander

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i believe all incences are made from oils, the incence stick itself is just to burn then its inpregnated with oils to cause the scent (pretty sure anyway)alotta the muslim stores around cities might have the oiuls u wantteatree does leave a scent but you grt used to it and dont notice it so much.any scent will do that reallyplus those are more for medicinal use esential oils the scents secondary to the medicinal value you can just get oils that are purely for scent like patchoili or nag champa or somalia rose etc. Charaxesdistanti said:
I hate the smell of hair too. I notice now I can go almost five days without it smelling like hair. I don't think tea tree oil would leave a smell, I tried and lavender doesn't smell all that great to me. I've wondered about incense because I love me some nag champa but I can't find any perfume or oil that is that scent.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
but they are a lil heavier residuewise then esentuial oils i think cause theyre thicker made to stick to you longer

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form