Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo

ElaurenG
@elaureng
13 years ago
19 posts

Has anyone tried this on their dreads? I am new to discerning what shampoos are dread friendly or not, but I have been using a lot of Rosemary Mint tea in maintaining mine so far and I really like Aveda's products so if this would work that would be great! Has anyone tried it before? Could someone more experienced with checking out ingredient lists give this one a look over for me? Thanks!

Ingredients:

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Extracts: Rosemary Extract (Organically Grown), Peppermint Extract (Organically Grown), Sodium Coco-Sulfate (source: Coconut), Lauramidopropyl Betaine (source: Coconut), Glyercin (source: Coconut), Sodium Chloride, Vinegar ((source: Grain), Camphor, Benzoic Acid, Menthol, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-4 (source: Plant Fiber), Cocamidopropylamine Oxide (Source: Coconut), Stearic Acid (source: Coconut), Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben

updated by @elaureng: 02/14/15 05:44:50AM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
those ingredients are fine. i might have to try that one myself:)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm umm looks lil iffy to me but hard to say maybe panterra might have more input

if u bought it already u can test it but i dunno i'm not sure id buy it when there are other options

tho someone may have tried and will have better info

um theres a discussion on all the diferent types tried so maybe look in there see if its already been tried

to be safe unless u have hard water u could just ask maylees to make u a rosemary mint 1 if there isnt 1 already

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ElaurenG
@elaureng
13 years ago
19 posts

I picked up Aveda's Scalp Remedy and Rosemary Mint Shampoos today, plan on giving them a whirl. Tried the Scalp Remedy today and I think I may have found a winner! Plus, I got a complement on my "fun" hair from the shop lady as well as a quick free blue oil massage. Gosh I love Aveda :)

Roxie
@roxie
13 years ago
2 posts

Please do let us know how the shampoo works out! I have always been a huge advocate for Aveda products although that has always been for colored, rather unruly, non-locked hair. No other products have worked as well for me. Aveda also tends to be somewhat pricey so I wouldn't want to buy the product only to have it be rather useless!

ElaurenG
@elaureng
13 years ago
19 posts

Will do Roxie! Here's my update so far:

I've usedthe Aveda Scalp Remedy Shampoo3 times now and I'm pretty happy with it. It makes my scalp feel great right after I wash it; although, I still feel the need to wash every other day because my scalp seems to demand it. I'm not having to use the Chamomile Tea/ACV spray as much though so that's a plus. I think I'm going to have to learn to tolerate a bit of dry scalp if I want to have dreads, and I'm starting to accept that. I like the smell as well, it's a woodsy scent with cherry/honeysuckle undertones; at least, that's what I think of when I smell it. The rosemary mint one smells good too. I haven't washed with it yet, but it's well...minty.

My hair feels clean, not oily but not completely stripped either, soft yet dry. Now to see if my hair will knot while I'm usingit, and the only way to really know that is time. The only downside as I see it is the amount I am using and the cost. The bottle was like $12, it'll be less if I buy in bulk next time but I wanted to test it out first. We'll see how long a bottle lasts me, but I'm guessing only a month or two if I'm lucky. But $12 a month for happy hair/scalp may be worth it to me!

If anyone else tries it I would be glad to hear their experiences. Good or Bad.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i was looking around on the internet last night at different shampoos and i saw this one and thought of you:) in the reviews it sounds like people have similar problem that you weredescribing and this helped them a lot. let me now if you try it. hth:)

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo/134.aspx

ElaurenG
@elaureng
13 years ago
19 posts

ohhhhh...that does sound like it would be good for me! I may have to give it a whirl too :)~ Thanks for passing it along!

Frank Booth
@frank-booth
13 years ago
21 posts

I have a small bottle of it from a hotel I visited a while back,I plan on using some tomorrow,and I'll let you know how it goes.

Frank Booth
@frank-booth
13 years ago
21 posts
I have nothing to add that is overwhelmingly positive or negative.It works,though more of it is required than I would like.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form