Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Chlorine and dreading?

Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts
I've put in a few dreads (after combing most out...sections were too big!) with TnR and thinking about doing the rest by neglect. Anyway, my question is will chlorine ruin baby dreads and prevent my hair from dreading naturally? I go swimming alot and just want to know if it's bad for the hair.
updated by @andrea-schneider: 01/13/15 09:04:07PM
babylon
@babylon
13 years ago
27 posts
I was wondering the same thing tho, my natural neglect dreads are a little over 2 weeks now and i'm going to the spa tomorrow. I'm a little scared it will undo them all :s
Austin Potter
@austin-potter
13 years ago
54 posts
I Started my dreads three weeks ago and was curious of the same questionnn..
oshinn
@oshinn
13 years ago
21 posts
i know chlorine dries out hair like crazy. i read that you can rinse it off without shampooing and it doesn't hurt your hair but i'm not sure if that's the same case with dreads.
babylon
@babylon
13 years ago
27 posts
Just came back from the spa and they look as mutch sectioned as before so i think it wont do any harm. Just make sure to rinse them well.
Kerry
@kerry
13 years ago
8 posts
Yeah this is a great discussion, I was coming on to start one about the same thing. I know that we want our dreads to dry out but I can't tell if the chemicals will cause them to break or smell or what. Like you I go in my pool a lot and really don't want to have to wash them every time. I was trying to invent a leak proof water proof wrap but have failed so far haha!
Adam Hylton
@adam-hylton
13 years ago
4 posts
Get the dreads wet with fresh water before you jump into the pool.
Adam Hylton
@adam-hylton
13 years ago
4 posts
Get the dreads wet with fresh water before you jump into the pool.
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

acv/bs/acv

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form