Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Trying to get started but need help with info

Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts

i've been wanting dreads for years now, but haven't gotten to getting them done. Always thought the best way to go was to get them done at a salon, but decided i want to do it on my own if i can, but i have a few questions.

First, how easy is it to get lice with dreads? Is it easy to prevent? I have a 3 year old daughter and really don't want her to be exposed to lice because of my hair!

Is there another way to get rid of dreads besides shaving of my hair? i would not look good bald! haha. i like to change up my look and want to know this before i start my dread journey.

And last, i have very fine thin hair, would the twist and rip be the best method for me?

updated by @andrea-schneider: 01/13/15 09:03:59PM
David Dade
@david-dade
13 years ago
39 posts
If you like to change up your look dreads might not be the way to go they take alot of time and patience. But if your willing to put the time in it can be a great journey, and you can wear your dreads alot of different ways . not really sure what way you should use to start them i started mine with wool rubbing then once the dreads formed i let them do what they wanted.as far as lice if you keep them clean and stay away from people that may have lice you should be good . hope this helps a little.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
Tea Tree oil helps prevent lice as well and safe to use on you and your lil' one! As for how easy it is to contact lice is no different than when you didn't have dreads. TnR sounds like it would work for you but your starting method is really all up to you.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

your daughter wont be exposed to lice cause of you, you will be exposed to lice because of her! kids spread lice more then anyone

dreads are less likely to get lice usuaaly

u can prevent them with teatree u can get rid of them easy

u can comb ouit dreads but when you dread u wont ecer want to be without your dreads

and no salons are the worse thing u can do to dreads

tnr will work so will natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form