13 years ago
45 posts
How do u fix really bad dandruff in dreads
updated by @benny: 01/13/15 09:03:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
baking soda teatree rosemary pepermint...acv..for a lil extra help folow with a freeezing cold rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ElaurenG
@elaureng
13 years ago
19 posts

First let me say, I'm new to this...BUT...I have had dandruff for years and (thought I) had to use Head & Shoulders to keep it under control, soit has been a concern for me with starting off the whole dreading process.

This is what I'm doing now and my scalp is happy:
1) I'm taking biotin and acidophilus in addition to my daily multi-vitamin, because one of the causes of dandruffcan bean overproduction of yeast in/on the bodyand those supplements combat yeast.(Biotin is also good for hair growth)You can eat yogurtfor the acidophilusbut I don't like it enough to eat it everyday, so I go the supplement routine.
2) Peppermint, Rosemary, and ACV like soaring eagle said. I have brewed 2 cups of peppermint and rosemary tea then added 2 capfuls ACV and 2 capfuls olive oil, put it in a spray bottle for touch ups on my scalp. Today I brewed the peppermint and rosemary tea and added a heaping tablespoon of baking soda and used that as my wash, rinsed really well with water, toweled off a bit and the followed up with the spray to leave on my scalp. Things are feeling pretty balanced and awesome.
3) Don't be afraid to wash when you need to.From what I understand, as long as your locks have time to dry in between its safe and even good for your dreads to wash them. Dandruff is a building upof skincells on the scalp, so you gotta get them off somehow.Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form