Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

h8 my dreads

Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
13 years ago
28 posts

I know it's only been five lonnnnng months, but what the hell are these fuzzy bastards.
Is my hair just going through an awkward stage, or is it just the way I'm washing it? They always look a mess after I wash them lately. I try to be gentle and just pay attention to my scalp, but no matter what they turn into this fuzzy loose mess that only looks better after a good spray of salt water and some palm rolling while they are wet. I know palm rolling isn't good for much, but it makes my locs look better for a short period of time.I was hoping for semi locked dreads by six months, but it's looking to be more like a year before they actually resemble locs and not loose clumps of wavy hair.

Would it be possible to wash my hair with salt water?

updated by @sierra-nicole: 01/13/15 09:01:56PM
Susanne Gorman
@susanne-gorman
13 years ago
19 posts
They look good! :) Patience.....they will go through awkward stages where you may not like them but that will pass as fast asit came. If you live near the ocean go for a dip. The salt water will help so much.At 5 months with my locks I usedthe salt spray a couple times a week to tighten them up. I left it on for a couple hours and then washed with Dr. B.They really look pretty so don't worry.....give it time and enjoy the proces of your little dreaddies maturing;)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

add sea salt to the bs wash and wouldnt bother palm rolling but u also gotta learn acceptence..hating yoir dreads isnt doing any good u gotta feed em love no matter what they look like

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shane OK
@shane-ok
13 years ago
6 posts
Just go with the flow. whats the rush? be stress free :) !
Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts
no matter what they look like keep going! i think they look good btw
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form