Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

did my own first wash....

V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts

So i did my own wash today, for the first time...after i found this site...i refuse to go to a salon! So i did BS wash, no joke that cleaned my scalp real good, although i think i should have left it for more than 15 mins. Then i diluted dr b's and added peppermint oil, after that...rinsed hair with sage and rosemary tea with sea salt....my girls feel pretty soft, some of them got loose, but i just re twisted all of them with coconut oil. My scalp feels great so far. I am excited i finally did this on my own, feels great all around!

Peace

updated by @v2: 01/13/15 09:00:50PM
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
The baking soda is supposed to take place of the dr bonners. So I think u did a little bit more then what u should have. You should have just used yor essential oils with your bs. Also what kind of cocaonut oil did you use? I know alot of those have petroleum in them so be carful
V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts
It was virgin coconut oil
V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts
So i washed my hair with shampoo and tea only last week, no other maintenance just washed, my scalp felt good but i didn't see any dirt come out and my locs were really loose and messy. So this week, I washed with BS only, a lot of junk came out and then i did my tea and twisted w/ virgin coconut oil....hair looks good but my scalp is kind of itchy. there were a lot of spider hair connected to more than two locs this time...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

USE THE VINAGER AFTER BS TO RESTORE PH SEPERATE THE DREADS AND WOULD NOT KEEP TWISTING THEM THAT CAN WEAKEN THE ROOTS

oops caps

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts

how much vinegar should i use? Do i mix it with water?

Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts

a half to cap-full acv to less a liter of water to my baby dreads, that works for me..

the more acv, the more it conditions/softens your hair..so be careful of using more acv if your dreads are new..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

also for new dreads rinse right away old dreads use more (bout the same as bs ) and rinse after 3 min

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form