Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The terrifying question of...lice!

Patiencepie
@patiencepie
13 years ago
7 posts
I am sure this has been discussed somewhere here so if there is a link just send me there. Now that I have fab dreads, I have a lice "phobia". When my kids were little we occasionally hade to deal with lice, shaving the boys head and hours of laundry and having to go through the school nurse to get them back in school. But it's been years and I have been dreading my hair over that time but I still worry about it to the point where I am reluctant to have other kids over to our house and I actually haven't let them spend the night at friends because the very last time they went out to a sleepover they came home with lice! It was years ago.Am I being over protective about my hair? IF I do get lice with dreads, what do I do? I had used the olive oil soaked head method but you can't comb out the eggs and dead guys with dreads. I was wondering what you do JUST IN CASE! Thanks!
updated by @patiencepie: 01/13/15 09:00:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
use teatree to prevent 70% rubbing alcahol to kill follow withvinager leave eachin 30 min or lonfer repeat every 3 days

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
delacet kills the lice and the eggs, it's all natural, there's really no way to remove all the eggs if you have dreads as long as you use something that will kill them it shouldn't be a big deal.I wear a hat pretty much every time I'm around other people's kids and I check my own kids hair almost daily to be sure there's nothing living in there!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form