Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

this baking soda wash is not working for me. please help!

lamorris Jay
@lamorrisjay
13 years ago
6 posts
I used about 3/4 cup of baking soda, I put it into a 3 liter container, I filled the water about half a liter, I stirred it around good to make sure all the clumps were gone. Then I filled it all the way to the top with water. Then I poured it all over my head and let it soak for 30 minutes. I rinsed it all out the best I could. But when I scartched my scalp to make sure all of my dandruff was gone, I could still notice some under my nails after every scratch. But my scalp looks clean, why do I still see dandruff when I scratch?, I thought it may be the baking soda not washed out completely, so I literally rinsed again for another 20 mintutes to make sure I got it all out, but it's still there when I scratch.Ok maybe I did something wrong here, I put the baking soda in the container first, and then added water, and the water was not hot, it was kind of cool. Was I supposed to fill the container with really hot water first, and then add the baking soda, so it could dissolve really well? And if I do it this way, and still find stuff under my nails afterwards, even though my scalp looks clean, and all of the baking soda is rinsed out, what could be the problem here?
updated by @lamorrisjay: 01/13/15 08:56:22PM
lamorris Jay
@lamorrisjay
13 years ago
6 posts
I will also like to add that, I didn't wet my hair before I poured it on my head, was that a necessary step also?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

3/4 is way too much 1/4-1/3 1/2 cup max

to a gallon (abouyt 3 or 4 liters i dunno)

water temop dont matter but

acv rinse after does

also

teatree and rosemary does

bss exfoliates removing most dndruff but teatree and roisemary prevents dandruff

acv restores ph ballance

if your doing it to treat danddruff u cant just use bs only

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yers wet your head really well 1st

jay reed said:
I will also like to add that, I didn't wet my hair before I poured it on my head, was that a necessary step also?

--
Ron2
@ron2
13 years ago
7 posts

This is the same problem I have (mentioned in the mystery mud topic), a paste like mush on the scalp - gets under finger nails. Doesnt seem to matter how many times I scrub it, it just wont go away.

I'd love to get this working out right.

lamorris Jay
@lamorrisjay
13 years ago
6 posts
Ok thanks. I don't have vinegar, and the only type of oil I have is africa's best natural herbal oil. Is that ok? And could you explain the vinegar rinse, how much do I use?, and can I use white vinegar?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can use white vinager anywhere from a capfull to the same ammount as bs u used use less if dreads are younfg rinse sooner if theyre young if mature 3 min

use less baking soda

the africas best is great as a conditioner but wont treat dandruff u want

teatree rosemary and optionaly pepermint

use a high pressure rinse or fill a bucet and pour over several times

a light trickle rinse wont do as good as like a handheld massage shower head sprayed from an inch or 2 away

--
lamorris Jay
@lamorrisjay
13 years ago
6 posts
Also on the end of some of my dreads, their is a hard white thing stuck in them. Im not sure if it's some type of dandruff or something that locked up with my hair. I try not to worry about it, and I plan on cutting those ends once my hair gets longer. I never used wax before, but when I started my dreads my loctician used pro style gel, of course I freeform now, but could the gel be the reason for that?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

possibly salons do weird stuff

but can u get a close pic?

--
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
What I do is I use a large mixing bowl for the mixture. Set it in the tub, lay back sticking my dreads and entire scalp in the baking soda water if I really wanna soak awhile. Doing it that way works wonders and you can see how filthy the water is then!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form