Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ear piercings + dreads problems.

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
So ever since I first got my dreads I have had the problem of hairs getting caught in my jewelery, but the problem was compounded when I gauged my cartilage and now hair gets caught on my hoop all the time. It also sucks because my dreads are just a little past my shoulders so I can't really tie them back. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so what did you do?
updated by @gabe-mccoy: 02/14/15 04:26:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i had 28 peircingts when i started to dread last yeat i had 1..now none

so thats what i did took em alkl out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Nuuu I love my piercings! There must be an answer to this conundrum, I think when my cartilage gets stretched a bit I'll try a plug. but yea it's pretty irritating

soaringeagle said:

i had 28 peircingts when i started to dread last yeat i had 1..now none

so thats what i did took em alkl out

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
mine get caught in my plugs too but i think it's cause my plugs have a design on the front, i've not had any issues w/ the ones in my cartiledge but it's my rook and anti tragus so not much there to get caught on :( have you tried maybe wrapping the areas that are getting caught in your ring? :( I hope it gets better, I'm sure it will!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
My ears are 7/16 and do fine with any type of plugs but when I wear my wooden spirals its a bit of a pain in the ass. Did you get your ears cored or did you stretch them?? never mind I just read that your did your cartilage, not your lobes, sorry!
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Thanks guys! Lol yea I wanted to stretch my ears but I have this crazy ear lobe pet peeve. Like more ocd or something I can't stand the idea of having droopy ear lobes. That's why I'm pretty sure the gods have blessed me with having attached earlobes, haha. (not that there is anything wrong with earlobes just a weird personal thing) So yea that's why I decided to stretch my cartilage instead. I have an open hoop right now though so I'm hoping a plug will help.
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
I wear head bands and tams 95% of the time. It keeps my hair out of my earrings really well.
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
a nape piercing is definitely for people with short hair. If it was pierced with any kind of straight bar rather then a staple there is probably very little hope for it at this point.
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
I stretched my ear to 7/16s and it's now a size 14g. I took it out to join the military and found out I can't because of my bipolar history and asthma :(but they do shrink quickly.
★ⓂoⒹ★Ernie
@modernie
13 years ago
22 posts
Both of my ears are 3/4", I wear tunnels made of silicon from a company called kaos softwear ( the silicon leaves nothing for the hair to catch on ) so maybe just look into some jewlery made of another material?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form