Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Curly Dreads? (picture included)

★ⓂoⒹ★Ernie
@modernie
13 years ago
22 posts
So my natural hair is large, corse, curls that is not quite as kinky as African type hair. My nationality is Puerto Rican so there is probably some African in my background somewhere... Anyway. About a month in now, I'm noticing that my dreads are also starting to curl in a similar pattern that my undreaded hair did. Is this normal due to my natural hair type?(see picture below)
updated by @modernie: 03/01/21 07:38:51AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
everything they do is normal so yea and its also pretty cool

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
yeah that's how most of mine is too! I have parts that are dreading (noticeably) that are getting straighter but most of mine look like that! I am curious if in the end i will have some curly dreads or if they'll all tighten up :P
★ⓂoⒹ★Ernie
@modernie
13 years ago
22 posts
Thank you all for your replies, its so reassuring to know that theres members here that have dreads with similar traits :) Not that I don't like them, but are there any herbs or treatments that would perhaps discourage the curl a bit? I know I should just let them do their thing, but I was hoping to get rid of my bothersome curl with the dreads hehe. Anyway thanks again all!
ToneG
@toneg
13 years ago
10 posts
Mine do the same thing, it's almost all ringlets at the back. But I've noticed that some of the more dreaded locks end up being a lot straighter, and only end up curling at the tips. Chucking some beads on there might weigh them down a bit so they don't curl as much though I guess.

Ernie said:
Thank you all for your replies, its so reassuring to know that theres members here that have dreads with similar traits :) Not that I don't like them, but are there any herbs or treatments that would perhaps discourage the curl a bit? I know I should just let them do their thing, but I was hoping to get rid of my bothersome curl with the dreads hehe. Anyway thanks again all!
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
beads or wraps.... I do notices if i wear my tam the curls tame down a bit after bedtime except at the very bottom.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
They look great! I'm guessing it hasn't been very long,as your dreads mature they will straighten out. Once they really begin to knot up they will be heavier and the weight will help, enjoy it for now though! ;o) Mine are almost 10 months and it's a lil sad to see them losing some of their character. I have a feeling that in a couple of years I'm really going to miss my crazy, loopy, messy young-ins!!
Will Tee Washington
@will-tee-washington
13 years ago
4 posts

1st shout out to ya Locs. My only reply is jus love em and they'll love ya back. 1love1world

Liberty
@liberty
13 years ago
33 posts
I have the same hair and all mine curl at the ends :)
★ⓂoⒹ★Ernie
@modernie
13 years ago
22 posts
*blushes*

Rebecca Anne Lattig said:
My ends were curly like that, too. At 2 & a half months they're already gonig away. Enjoy them! I think it's so cute lol

updated by @modernie: 07/13/15 07:58:32AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form