Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can I take my cut off dreads and re lock them?

Paco moment
@paco-moment
15 years ago
1 posts
What's up peeps...First post here so take it easy on me. But anyway I had dreads before and I cut them off bout a year and half ago. And my question is can I put my old dreads that I cut back into my hair. I think it would be possible and don't so why not. I have been searching on the internet for answers but I still havn't gotten on. Thanks!
updated by @paco-moment: 02/14/15 07:36:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
you can, im not 100% sure how but http://dreadlockforums.ning.com/profile/Alden?xg_source=profiles_memberList he added his brothers to hisi can gueass at a way to do it but i think it will be best to lewt some1 with experience take a crack at iti think u should let your natural dreads start up then add them on once theyre starting to form

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
http://dreadlockforums.ning.com/forum/topics/what-was-your-driving-force 1st post there is kinda about whay/why he did itim sure hed give ya more info when hes on

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
yep you can do it,I did it with some,,,,"test hair" that had built up in my brush from be4 I started my dreads,just wash the hair prior,and if you have any wispy ends at the tip of your cut off dread, just kinda overlap that onto where your dreads end and crochet it in well from there, least that worked for me and the hair blended in quite well.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm i guess that will work i wouldnt do it myselfbut wouldnt it also work to comb out an inch or 2 on the ends then kinda mesh em togerther then put a wrap or peyote stitch round th splice tilll it binds?

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
yep that should do it to,just make sure no one like tries to grab it or something while they mix in.
Extended Happiness
@extended-happiness
15 years ago
13 posts
yeah - im actually extending my dreads at the moment, same principle though. I have seen alden's way of attaching them but i prefer the way Vibrata did hers. If you wanted to you could use a wool needle instead of crochet hook as it is less damaging http://quinnster.fqdn.net/dreads/vibrata.html Beksta is also a good one to hit up for advice on re-attaching dreads.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i will add 1 thing on this subjectwhen dreads are cut theyre often cut for a reason\a life change we feel we need to seperate ourselves from the pastlocks lock in all our past experiences so cutting them is like a periods of mourning where we seperate ourselves from that past to move onnow here ya are starting over fresh..new life new dreads attaching the old ones would be like a step backthis is just my thinking and ya sjhouldnt be too influenced by it ..but do take a momment to concider itwith aiden he was attaching his bro s experiences cause he was terminaly ill and he wanted to cary his bro with him from there onothers might attach a dread or 2 of someone special to them as a way to keep them with em.but if your cutting marked a period of transition you might be best off leaving the past in the past and moving on with fresh new dreads from scratch

--
dani2
@dani2
15 years ago
51 posts
my sista had done this several times, i done it once and it worked wel, you do not loose hehe the extended dreads, after a while you have hard times to find the ones you have put in, was more that you felt the differencemy sista done it with a needle and some thread, i only used the hair, and yes croched them together smilepersonally when the hair is very thin, i would not personally do, as the root might not handle the weight, was my fear in this
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
I don't understand. why you would want to do this? You just can't wait for your hair to grow back or something? im not intending to sound like a a*hole just curious.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form