Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the dread wash "recipe".

jasmine jenae.
@jasmine-jenae
13 years ago
5 posts

Can you guys just tell me the stuff i need for the dread wash.

baking soda..vinegar...??

i really need it, but im simply not having time to go find where it is just straight-fowardly written out on the site...

thanks guys!

updated by @jasmine-jenae: 01/13/15 08:54:19PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

all you actually need is baking soda and apple cider vinegar.

You can add essential oils such as tea tree, lavender, peppermint or rosemary. The oils are not necessary but they do have added benefits. Such as peppermint helps with an itchy scalp, lavender kills mold/mildew, tea tree repels insects (lice), rosemary helps with a naturally oily scalp. There are many many oils with different uses, but these are the most popular to add.

Canon P
@canon-p
13 years ago
50 posts

yea baking soda and vinager rule cuz it foams like mad and really gets in thos dreads lol. but dont use to strong of vinager it can slightly burn ur scalp. nothng terrible but uncomfortable.

also what i like to do is wash with that or soap once a week then every other day just with water. it keeps them soft due to the natural oils of the hair.

cheers!

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Hmmm it should not foam. You are not supposed to mix the 2 together.

Canon P said:

yea baking soda and vinager rule cuz it foams like mad and really gets in thos dreads lol. but dont use to strong of vinager it can slightly burn ur scalp. nothng terrible but uncomfortable.

also what i like to do is wash with that or soap once a week then every other day just with water. it keeps them soft due to the natural oils of the hair.

cheers!

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
and i have poured straight vinegar on my head before and it did not burn my scalp.It should not burn skin unless you have an open sore. It can however be uncomfortable if it gets in your eyes.
jasmine jenae.
@jasmine-jenae
13 years ago
5 posts
thank you guys!!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form