Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread stopping point...A Crisis

Kevin Boyd
@kevin-boyd
13 years ago
14 posts

So as you can tell im new at this and I usually have alot of new growth when I get my hair retwisted but the last couple of times ive got it done I have seen little to no progess. I wanted to know if this is temporary or if theres anything i can do, I already take Biotin daily. And its starting to worry me a little. My hair acually just began to lock about a month ago.....PLZ help.

updated by @kevin-boyd: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Canon P
@canon-p
13 years ago
50 posts
haha sounds like shrinking to me. just leave it... i wouldnt actually twist it mor if i wer u. just leave it. it might look worse in the short run but just forget about them for a couple months haha
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
when dreads start to lock up...they actually shrink. They continue to shrink for a while. My dreads are going on 3 yrs and they are only now starting to get noticeable length to them.So be patient, dreads just take time to form and time to grow. It is perfectly normal.Be careful with the twisting. It can lead to hair damage and actual hair loss. Since your dreads are starting to lock now, you might want to think about just letting your roots lock on their own.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop getting ity retwisted!!!

u realize that can cause permenant bald spots..just leave it alone let it dread do nothi9ng but wash and seperate never reywist em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zach2
@zach2
13 years ago
20 posts
they look really nice if your only concern is length time will fix that, if your concern is locking time will also fix that
Kevin Boyd
@kevin-boyd
13 years ago
14 posts
Thanks...and what do you know and think about Dr.Bronners liquid soaps
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
dilute iot with 12 yimes more water then soap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

Dude the shrinkage of hair sucks but it is just what it wants to do. Honestly i have been growing my hair out for over a year now and i still look in the mirror and ask myself if it has just stopped growing all together. Funny part is tho, if i were to pick it out i would have an afro the size of the Jackson Five. Now that it has begun dreadingfor about two monthsthough, it is about the same "size" that it was six months ago.

And stop re twisting.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form