Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hair grease

Dreadheadbutterfly!
@dreadheadbutterfly
13 years ago
35 posts

Somebody tell me should i be using hair grease ? if so what is the best kind for dreads especially if my scalp keep dandruff build up??

updated by @dreadheadbutterfly: 01/13/15 08:53:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
nah dont use hair grease use a moisturizer if thety get dry use jojoba africas best hair oil shae butter aloe vera anything like that just to treat dry brittle dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dreadheadbutterfly!
@dreadheadbutterfly
13 years ago
35 posts
Ok because I just oiled my hair with hair grease yesterday and its dry as the desert today and full of dandruff and im wondering should I wash my hair more times a week ?

soaringeagle said:
nah dont use hair grease use a moisturizer if thety get dry use jojoba africas best hair oil shae butter aloe vera anything like that just to treat dry brittle dreads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
if udon

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

Yea leave that grease out ya hair, your going for dreadlocks not a jerry curl =)

Wash your hair and scalp really good to help get that junk out. Like SE said, jojoba is a great moisturizer for our hair type.If organic shampoo is what you like to use i reccomend http://www.kissmyfacewebstore.com/product_detail.asp?T1=KMF+1101103

Get it at your local walmart/target or online it has worked very well for my hair and scalp.

☮Tex☮
@tex
13 years ago
15 posts
I am told aloe vera is the best...i have used almond oil and extra virgin olive oil. The almond oil smells really sweet
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
13 years ago
39 posts

Oiling your scalp can make a dandruff problem worse, not better.

There are a bunch of different oils you can try. Some use jojoba oil, some use shea butter (sparingly though), aloe vera, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil. I suggest, depending on budget, just trying a couple and seeing what works because what works for some won't work for all. Also, what you are washing your hair with can hurt/help the problem with dry dreads and scalp as well.

☮Tex☮
@tex
13 years ago
15 posts
Yup yup. What it really seems to come down to is what works for you personally. Its all a journey with trials and i am still in the beginning process myself so i have the chance to try things out for a lil bit

dreadlockedlady said:

Oiling your scalp can make a dandruff problem worse, not better.

There are a bunch of different oils you can try. Some use jojoba oil, some use shea butter (sparingly though), aloe vera, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil. I suggest, depending on budget, just trying a couple and seeing what works because what works for some won't work for all. Also, what you are washing your hair with can hurt/help the problem with dry dreads and scalp as well.

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

http://www.amazon.com/Africas-Best-Ultimate-Herbal-Oil/dp/B0009R14T0

I got that at walmart for 2 bucks. All you ever could need for dry hair/scalp.

Dreadheadbutterfly!
@dreadheadbutterfly
13 years ago
35 posts
ok thanks ....very inexpensive choice im tryin it

Thundersquall said:

http://www.amazon.com/Africas-Best-Ultimate-Herbal-Oil/dp/B0009R14T0

I got that at walmart for 2 bucks. All you ever could need for dry hair/scalp.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form