dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Brand new dreads

Maui ryan
@maui-ryan
13 years ago
3 posts
Hey everyone just wanted to say hello.
I found this site a while back, it was a massive help with dreads, today i went and got dreads. I have been wanting dreads for ages now since my dad got them a couple years ago but anyway, The saloncrocheted (i regret this now as myscalpis hurting like never before, and after reading so much more on this site i wish i went natural) i also wanted to ask for advice on new dreads. I don't no what it is called ibelieve it is called rootflipping (correct me if i'm wrong) they made a hole in the roots and pushed the newly made dread through this has left my head even sorer. Should i undo these or leave them.
thanks to everyone here
updated by @maui-ryan: 01/13/15 08:53:04PM
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
13 years ago
59 posts
Definitely unflip them It will create a weak point, and you need some loose hair at the scalp anyway so your scalps not under too much pressure, and is protected from the sun etc. There is a crochet recovery group somewhere on here, but from what I have gathered, the best thing you can do is unflip the roots and then just leave them alone to loosen up a bit so they can dread properly on their own.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
for sure undo the root flipping both crochet and root flipping were very bad ideas but the root flippings probly worse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form