Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wax Removal

Bossman
@bossman
14 years ago
22 posts

Hey! I have hadmy dreads for just over a year now but unfortunatley used wax at the begining. I stopped using it early on as I didn't like how it felt so decided to just let it do its own thing.

Then I found this great site which has tought me many things! I soon started the bs/acv wash, instead of the soap bars from dreadworx, knottyboy etc. Even after just a couple of wash's I felt a huge difference, my dreads became a lot softer.

Now I have purchased the bodysplash thanks to the advice of Rawsum. I have only used this once so far as it made my dreads quite dry (this could be because of the dish soap also), but againcan feel the difference.I will keep using the bodyspashevery few weeks and hopefully I will be wax free soon :)

I have attachd a few pics before and afterI started the bs/acv wash, I will try to get sum pics up soon that are after the 1st bodyspash wash and keep it updated.

After bs/acv washing

updated by @bossman: 02/14/15 12:49:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

wow they were stiff from wax huh

its definaterly ther dish spoap bodsy splash will makr em soft

(i spray some in my bs wash sometimes)

what dish soap were u using?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bossman
@bossman
14 years ago
22 posts

Yeh just a bit, getting alot floppier now though.

I used what I had in the house at the time which was fairy liquid, is that ok to use or should I be looking for somthing else?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

dawn dish soap

im bettinmg thats why

Bossman said:

Yeh just a bit, getting alot floppier now though.

I used what I had in the house at the time which was fairy liquid, is that ok to use or should I be looking for somthing else?

--
Bossman
@bossman
14 years ago
22 posts
Are they not the same sort of thing, fairy and dawn? Not sure if we get dawn in the uk?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

no idea never heard of fairy haha

google both and compare ingredients

--
Bossman
@bossman
14 years ago
22 posts
Fairy is the most popular brand of dish soap in theUK where as I think dawn is the leading brand in the US. Both are actually owned by the same company (Procter & Gamble)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
might be the same then

--
Bossman
@bossman
14 years ago
22 posts

Hey Rawsum, yeah I have that crispy sound but as you say it is just on the surface at the moment. Also after the bodyspash and bs wash, as I was rincing if I rubbed 2 dreads together they squeeked which is a sign the wax had gone from the surface I think.

How often did you use the the bodyspash, I am hoping to use it again tommorrow?

The last time I used it I followed the instructions from the thread you made on here where I sprayed each dread and massaged each dread with the bodyspash and then the dish soap.

After I massaged the bodyspash in I left it to soak for about 15 minutes, tommorrow I will leave it for about 30 minutes.

Just a thought, have you tested chlorine on wax? The reason I ask is because when I 1st had dreads put it in I was swimming once or twice a week. After a few weeks my dreads pretty much untangled themselves (had them backcombed), then I had them redone but stopped swimming thinking that it was bad for my dreads. Now I'm thinking maybe the chlorine in the pool got rid of the wax and thats why they untangled?

Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
How to use the dish soap cause i know i got a few dreads with wax still in them, i was gonna wait till my hair was longer so i could just boil it out but if dish soap works then ill use that and dont tell me to buy bodysplash im skint.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form