Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ACV BAKING SODA WASH?

Lacey Koll
@lacey-koll
14 years ago
14 posts
okay, so rather than spend an hour searching for how to do this, im just hoping someone who knows the "recipe" will post it up here!my head is so itchy! usually i wash about once a week with dr bronners, and occasionally ill spray some water mixed with tea tree oil on my scalp. but MAN....its just getting worse. so i want to try this acv business everyones talking about. so what do i do?
updated by @lacey-koll: 01/13/15 08:50:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
benifits super clean itch and dandruff freeee1 tablespoon per cup of water (about) add a lil teatree and rosemary ..pepermint if u wantlet soak 10 minrinseadd same ammounts acv water and oilspour on let soak 3 min (m aturee) or 30 secx(new baby dreads)if baby dreads use less acv toou can mix it stronger if u really feel youir scalps a messno scrubbing needed just soak also a cold rinse after hhelps too (i dont do that in winter tho lol)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
i usually use 3/4 cup of bs with 2 tbsp of sea salt in a gallon pitcher of warm to hot water, mix it up and let it dissolve, then pour over your head and make sure you get everything covered, paying more attention to washing your scalp than the dreads.i usually throw a towel over my head to control the dripiness and smoke a bowl or a cigarette then rinse in the shower, so probably let it sit like 5-10 minutes. no scrubbing or anything, just let the water rinse it clean; if you want to use the acv, you will want to rinse your head after the bs, then mix up some acv with water and pour that over your head then rinse it clean. the acv will cause a reaction to the bs so it all washes clean, but it is recommended to rinse between the bs and acv rinses because the chemical reaction could be corrosive and weaken dreads if it's done often, but the acv does restore ph balance to your scalp which is helpful for scalp health.it's easy to use to much acv, so i would say take it easy and experiment to find what works for you, i don't use it at all as my heads always been oily anyway and it does more harm than good
Radha Das
@radha-das
14 years ago
14 posts
Have you always used tea tree oil? I bought a natural shampoo with tea tree oil and I was allergic to it and my scalp burned and itched it was awful; I also bought the Dr. Bonners with tea tree oil and it caused my skin to burn. I use the almond Dr. Bonners but not on my hair. I use Natures Gate Everday Shampoo and it is the best I have ever used for my hair type. It is very gentle and never leaves a residue on my hair. You can order it on the internet or find it at most health food stores. Out of all the things I have tried it is the best. It leaves my hair clean and my dreads are doing great and look better everyday.
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
this is what i do:find 2 plastic bottles 500ml each, make about 3mm hole in each cup.put 1 tablespoon of baking soda in one of them, top with warm water and shake to dissolve the soda.in the OTHER one: pour a bit of vinegar, just a little, maybe 2 tablespoons... 15 drops of rosemary oil, 10 drops of tea tree oil (later u will find your best mix), top with warm water, shake..when u r in the shower, wet your hair and pour the soda mix first, all over your head, leave it a while (i normally wash my body in between), than rinse out.after that pour vinegar mix, the same way, wait a while, rinse...hope the metric measurements wont confuse u... good luck;)
Shane3
@shane3
13 years ago
4 posts

Ive found some ACV at a shop and the bottle says double strength for animal use ie horses... Can I use this?

Also what is the ACV actually doing to my hair why is it so good.

Ive also heard that you can use it in chook/poultry water (totally off topic I know) anyone know what its for?

An apple a day keeps the DR away.... Ive just finished reading a book about ACV, cider and apples in general the DR that wrote the book saysa table spoon of ACV in everything will ensure you dont get a sick. She talked alot about the benefits to humans ingesting the stuff but only one sentence on use for hair and none for animals.

I hope someone can shed some light and sorry for the hijack.... :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm im not surw about the double strengrh for horses is it mreant to be used externaly to shine the coat?

but acv does a couple hings

it degreases while softening and resettting the ph bakllance to a healthy acidic state

bs is alkaline alkalines open cuticles acuids close them

open cuticles alow deeper cleaning and moistiure penetration cl;osed cuticles smooth the hair and seal in moisture while protecting from oversaturation

acv is like a non conditining conditioner if thart makes sense it doesnt coat the hair with oils and residues like conditioners but softens and smoothes by making it acidic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shane3
@shane3
13 years ago
4 posts

makes perfect sence.... cheers brother

Zara 'Babu' Binns
@zara-babu-binns
11 years ago
11 posts

Thanks for the metric measurements, has made my life just that little bit easier!! :)

Mikey Mikez said:

this is what i do:
find 2 plastic bottles 500ml each, make about 3mm hole in each cup.
put 1 tablespoon of baking soda in one of them, top with warm water and shake to dissolve the soda.
in the OTHER one: pour a bit of vinegar, just a little, maybe 2 tablespoons... 15 drops of rosemary oil, 10 drops of tea tree oil (later u will find your best mix), top with warm water, shake..
when u r in the shower, wet your hair and pour the soda mix first, all over your head, leave it a while (i normally wash my body in between), than rinse out.
after that pour vinegar mix, the same way, wait a while, rinse...
hope the metric measurements wont confuse u... good luck;)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form