Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing with Tea Tree Oil?

Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
So im about to wash my dreads with the whole baking soda tea tree oil thing, and I just dont know how to go about this? haha, it said soak them, so idk if i should just dump it on my head and let it soak in, but if i do that if it gets in my eyes is that a bad thing? And im worried I put to many drops in, is that a bad thing? Sorry for the stupid questions lol, this is my first time washing with it.
updated by @sam-adams: 01/13/15 08:48:14PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Tilt your head back a little bit and then pour the mixture on your head and let it soak.I usually use an empty eight ounce shampoo bottle to pour my particular mixture onto my head while I am in the shower.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
close youir eyesand dont use too many dropsi use 3 times more rosemary then teatree

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
Im getting my senior pictures today, and since I washed them the other day there like really frizzy and just a mess and i want them to look nice for my pictures obvisally lol. Do you know anything I could do to make them look easier? I heard aloe but all we have is the aloe for sun burn.

soaringeagle said:
close youir eyes
and dont use too many drops
i use 3 times more rosemary then teatree
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
I know this is probably to late for your senior pics, but when I have photo shoots where I'm concerned about frizzy hair I've used a tiny bit of aloe on each dread and palm roll them smooth. It washes out easily and keeps new dreads from being to frizzy. Other options for pics include wearing a hat, having a photog who's good at photo shop, or, and the one I use most often, just don't care. hahaha (-:
Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
hahahaha i cant not care about that for senoir picture. I wouldnt but the last family get together my grandmothers were ranting about how I look like a ho bo LOL! Otherwise I wouldnt care. Can you get just aloe at like walmart? Cause I only now about aloe VERA which is used for sun burn? Or is it the same thing? hahah

Rachel Stowers said:
I know this is probably to late for your senior pics, but when I have photo shoots where I'm concerned about frizzy hair I've used a tiny bit of aloe on each dread and palm roll them smooth. It washes out easily and keeps new dreads from being to frizzy. Other options for pics include wearing a hat, having a photog who's good at photo shop, or, and the one I use most often, just don't care. hahaha (-:
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
Hahaha I know how that is. I had pics done to send back to my parents (who aren't thrilled about the dreads) and needed them to be a little more polished. (-:I burn SUPER easily (pale skin, red hair) so I always have just plain old Aloe Vera gel around. So yep, that's what you use. Just make sure it's just the Aloe Vera gel, no extra chemicals.
Sam Adams
@sam-adams
14 years ago
19 posts
hahahahahah, my parents are totally cool with it. My mom took me to get dread wax and shit (before I knew that wasnt good) and my dad was like "If I wasnt almost 40 I so would" But the grandparents and older people arent so openminded about it lol. But thanks so much!

Rachel Stowers said:
Hahaha I know how that is. I had pics done to send back to my parents (who aren't thrilled about the dreads) and needed them to be a little more polished. (-:

I burn SUPER easily (pale skin, red hair) so I always have just plain old Aloe Vera gel around. So yep, that's what you use. Just make sure it's just the Aloe Vera gel, no extra chemicals.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form