Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My 2 1/2 Month Dreaded Timeline

kris
@kris
14 years ago
39 posts
My dreads - from the start to now. I did twist and rip and have just let them do their own thing. Only thing I do is separate when needed. I alternate using bs/acv with tea tree, lavender and rosemary oils and maylee's dread bar soap. When I first started my hair was down to lower back and most of my dreads are around shoulder length or a little shorter.

right after finishing t&r

10 days

3 weeks

3 weeks

2 1/2 months

2 1/2 months
updated by @kris: 02/14/15 07:15:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they dreaded up fast and look awesome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zen Rasta
@zen-rasta
14 years ago
19 posts
i know this has been said twice already, but wow, they locked up pretty fast and look nice. lucky you! enjoy the journey
Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts
wow! you look fabulous :-) and your dreads are acting like mine!! i thought for a while i was doing something wrong for them to lock up so fast, but i suppose each head of hair is just different and acts different :-) though i think some of my progress may be due to frequent washing (scalp condition). how often do you wash?
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
wow! nice to see t&r can really help. good job!
kris
@kris
14 years ago
39 posts
Thanks! :) I usually wash about twice a week. My right side is a longer than the left and I assume that is because I sleep more on my left side and back. I've been trying to sleep more on my right side to see if that helps.
Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts
okay, i washed every day for the first 2 weeks, but then got worried about mold risk, because they lock up like crazy. so now i also wash twice or 3 times a week.maybe your hair is also thicker on the left side? this is very common. but maybe you're right about which side you sleep on - good luck with that, though, i remember from pregnancies that it's sooo hard NOT to sleep on the side you've always preferred :-)
kris
@kris
14 years ago
39 posts
I washed more in the beginning too but since they've locked up more it seems like it takes most of the day to dry. Since our daughter sleeps in bed with us and I mostly sleep facing her (on my left side) I just figured it was from that. I'm glad my hair has locked up more towards the roots tho because for a while about 8 dreads in the back kept getting all matted together by the roots. I had to separate them a couple of times a day and sometimes that was a real pain.
Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts
that's exactly like my experience, with washing.and the reason i sleep on both sides is because i have 2 children and sleep between them :-Dsounds painful, separating the ones in the back! mine are locked up at the roots in the back, not the sides, so they also sometimes have to be separated throughout the day.and now i'll go do a timeline of my own :-)
Sissemor
@sissemor
13 years ago
54 posts
hey kristy, do you have time for an update? i would love to see what your dreads are up to :-)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form