Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to keep roots stronge?

Amy Rebecca Lilley
@amy-rebecca-lilley
14 years ago
4 posts
I have had my dreads for only 2 months and I have learnt a lot from this site already!! Which is wikid!, its like a dread bible!I have some thick hair and some thinnner and some are taking better than others, but I expected that, I just want to know if there is some great oils etc that are nourishing for the roots? Mine can get a little dry, and I just want to keep them as happy and stronge as I can, any sugestions?
updated by @amy-rebecca-lilley: 01/13/15 08:47:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
jojoba is great but should be careful with any oils or anything untill more maturealoes good too vitamin eim sure theres many others

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
z
@z
14 years ago
7 posts
hi, this are all pure essential oils that are really good for scalp and hair repairrose,sandalwood,lavender,geranium,chamomile,rosemary,cedarwood,sage,myrrhpeppermint, ylang ylang,clove and aloe plant. there is still more, but that should give youa good start. and yeah you don't want to use to much especially on young dreads.you could try to mix 2 to 3tbs of food grade or plant aloe in a small spray bottleand than add a couple drops of some of the above essential oils to it, fill therest with water and shake and spray it on your scalp and hair when needed.another thing in you can do in addition is add some drops of the essential oils to yourshampoo bottle that you use and clock wise rub it in to your scalp for a few minutes thanrinse as usual. hope that helps :)
Amy Rebecca Lilley
@amy-rebecca-lilley
14 years ago
4 posts
thanks heaps for your reply guys very helpful stuff!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well except that clockwise copunterclockwise dont matter at all and rubbing if agressive can add to weakness and breakage better to spray on and leave it be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
z
@z
14 years ago
7 posts
hi, your right, i was meaning when she washes with the shampoo that she puts the essential oil in. that's howi wash my scalp :)
Amy Rebecca Lilley
@amy-rebecca-lilley
14 years ago
4 posts
Hey thanks, its all good stuff, and I do agree with the rubbing, it damn hurts anyhow lol so will give it a nice swerve for now, good info on the shampoo and oils etc, will go light on any oils I try and have good dread shampoo with no nasties in it so it should be a good start, thanks guys.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form