Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Anyone around??

Lexi2
@lexi2
14 years ago
2 posts
Hi, I was wondering if anyone on this site was from connecticut and could possibly help me out with dreading my hair. I dont know anyone really that has them. And I def dont want to go to the salon. Even to just get them started. I tried the TNR method and i think my hair is too thin or something! So I could definitley use some help!Thanks guys!
updated by @lexi2: 01/13/15 08:47:40PM
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
You need to talk to Amy - she is from CT and is very helpful and experienced. In fact, I wish I lived near her, so I envy you!Here is the link to her profile; you should definately contact her: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/AmyLou Lots of Luck!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i would not go to amy cause shed probably use crochet and u do not want crochetif she will do it without crochet then sure shes finebut i know she likes to crochet dreads and thats a huge mistakeu are best off going natural or twist and rip your own dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lexi2
@lexi2
14 years ago
2 posts
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments! I will definitley look into Amy. I tested out Twist and Rip and I dont think I am doing it right. I followed the video on this site, but I think Im just not getting it. So even to just get one-on-one help to start i am sure i can get it. But thanks so much! Any more tips would be awesome! Another thing is my job is pretty carefree but I still need to look nice, so i can give the natural way a chance but if it looks too unkempt, then i will have to try another method!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well i added u on aim so would be happy to give ya one on 1 advice and guidance its pretty simple but a vid only gives u a vague idea after that its just practice and helps t9o have the hair free of conditioners to start too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
Actually, I pride myself on doing only as much or as little as my clients want. I thought I had expressed that to you previously. I hope from here on out you won't assume as much as you did. Just because I feel that crochet can be helpful in SOME situations for SOME people, doesn't mean I like to force it on those who aren't interested.

Lexi, I would LOVE to help you with your locks. You can contact me via private message here OR you can reach me by email at thedreadqueen@yahoo.com OR you can contact me through my website at http://www.thedreadqueen.com . Even if you decide you don't want me to work on your locks personally, please don't hesitate to contact me with ANY and all questions you may have. I love answering questions. :-)

Blessings

soaringeagle said:
i would not go to amy cause shed probably use crochet and u do not want crochet
if she will do it without crochet then sure shes fine
but i know she likes to crochet dreads and thats a huge mistake

u are best off going natural or twist and rip your own dreads
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form