Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need help. :(

Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
Hey guys and girls, I was just wondering if anyone can give me a few tips on how to get my dreads to 'round off' at the edges? Any advice would be great. :)
updated by @ginger-jack: 01/13/15 08:46:17PM
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
beads on the flat spots.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
When you say "round off" do you mean the ends? Or do you mean the whole dread? If you mean the ends...like, instead of ragged or feathery, you mean blunt...? A bead is good for the dread. But, if you mean the ends...I personally think that takes the dread into a whole artificial look. Please elaborate...thanx!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
whichever u mean..why bother?round dreads are boring and fake lookingblunt tips make the dreads dry way way way slower (a non blunt 1 that takes 6 hours to dry will take 38 hours after blunting)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I prefer tapered tips too but mine are blunting naturally
Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
Thanks dudes, I meant blunt at the ends but I guess you are right about the natural look, I trimmed the ends of my dreads not too long ago, but the ends are starting to come apart, that's why I was wondering.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
why would u trim dreads?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Steph
@steph
14 years ago
16 posts
If you palm roll the ends this encourages the hairs to merge together. Or you can get a small crochet hook (0.75-1.0mm) and pull the loose hairs up into the drealock if you want the more groomed salon look, i think around here that's pretty frowned upon, lol, but it works.
Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
Soaringeagle dude, I only trimmed them because the undreaded ends were actually starting to seperate the newly dreading middle areas, and thanks for the palm rolling idea, I'll give that a try. :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form