Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Here! Hello!

Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
Hello! I'm new here and to the dreading world in general. I had been wanting dreadlocks for a while (at least a year) and a few days ago I decided it was time. My locks are now two days old and quite fuzzy, and I LOVE them!My boyfriend spent 9 hours sectioning and backcombing my hair while I watched an entire season of Seinfeld. He's so meticulous that once he knew what he was doing he wouldn't settle for mediocrity. There are no products in my hair. The week before I dreaded I only washed with a residue free shampoo, and used no conditioner. When I dreaded my hair I only backcombed, no wax in these locks!Any way, sorry if this is kinda long, I just wanted to introduce myself. (-:EDIT: I've attached a before and after pic
updated by @rae: 01/13/15 08:45:25PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Welcome! Glad you're here! Let us know if you have any questions along the way. Many Blessings
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
WELCOME its always nice to have new ppl come through, glad your apart of out little community we got here...... good luck with those dreads, and by the way.... i just love the black and white pic : )
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the b4 pic looks like it was trying to dread alreadyshoulda watched every episode of south park instead then every episode of the simpsons (without backcombing) and u mightve had your 1st dreads born already..lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
14 years ago
45 posts
Congrats. I started with backcombing as well two weeks ago. Most of the ones on top fell out. and maybe the bottom did to but i couldn't see them lolI am mia. nice to meet you. your pics are beautiful! :)
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
I have a lot of thin, slightly wavy hair, and that was just one day without brushing in the pic. So yeah, it probably wouldn't have taken to long to dread naturally. soaringeagle said:
the b4 pic looks like it was trying to dread already
shoulda watched every episode of south park instead then every episode of the simpsons (without backcombing) and u mightve had your 1st dreads born already..lol
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
Thanks! The base of the dreads are all pretty tightly knotted, so I'm hoping if I just leave it all alone it'll do what it's supposed to do. (-: Mia Elizabeth said:
Congrats. I started with backcombing as well two weeks ago. Most of the ones on top fell out. and maybe the bottom did to but i couldn't see them lol

I am mia. nice to meet you. your pics are beautiful! :)
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
Hey welcome home :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form