Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

more problems with employer ughh.....

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
so i had to comb out my TnR dreads after two months of having them cuz of my employer in order to gett a job and ive been going natural all the way till tonite becuz my employer said my hair was to messy.....wtf mind you i am only bout to be 16, i feel as though my freedom of expression is being limited like hell. I dont know wut i am going to do i guess il crochet and backbomb becuz i am determined to have dreadlocks!!! any advice would gladly help
updated by @spacemantravis: 01/13/15 08:44:50PM
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
i think i mayb can but i think it will have to be white becuz gang violence is a big thing in my town so he would prolly think i would be trying to attact gang members isf i did this u knoe, but white mite work, btw i work at a ship on site apartment store
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
14 years ago
23 posts
I hear you on the violence thing, I was on a missionary trip to NY and we stopped at a place in NJ and were told by someone in a parking lot to remove our headcoverings before we get too far from our car, I was thankful for the warning! Most of us just had regular blue bandanas on!
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
see i have a blue bandana too and i can see where the boss is coming from bout the gang violence thing cuz i would love to not get shot. anyways i cant go natural and i cant TnR wut should i do backcomb and lightly crochet?
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
Any method you use is going to have an awkward stage, it'll be messy, frizzy, and out of control. There really is no way of getting dreads to look mature until they actually are mature. It's unfortunate, but reality. You may also want to consider looking for another employer if your current employer isn't willing to work with you on this.You should also understand that appearance is very important when you are representing a company or business. It shitty but that's the way the man works, and unfortunately, most of us must work for the man in order to support ourselves.However, if there are any other employees with dreadlocks or corn rows, or braids that work for this same man, you can look at this as racial discrimination. Which just screams lawsuit. Though it sounds like you work in a small shop with just a few employees, so that may not be an option.
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
So are you gonna cut your hair for "The Man" and use he's money and fall into greed. Or are you gonna, keep your dreads and find working for a person that is that closed minded isn't worth it. But then again I know little about you, and if you cut them it's not like its going to be like an identity crisis. I've met people that thought everyone with long hair did drugs, maybe your boss is worried. Money or dreads? I didn't mean to come off mean if I did, I'm not sorry! I'm not sorry
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
What about tie-dye? I don't think anyone can mistaken that for gang colors...except maybe the gang of peace and love :P SpacemanTravis said:
see i have a blue bandana too and i can see where the boss is coming from bout the gang violence thing cuz i would love to not get shot. anyways i cant go natural and i cant TnR wut should i do backcomb and lightly crochet?
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
well ltie dye is wut ima buy in a bit lots of it cuz its awesome but naw im gonna grow my hair mo and mo then gonna dread up and if i get fired fuk it haHA
The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
See if you wear a tam or a tie-dye bandana while around your employer, they *shouldn't be able to be like "hey, take of that bandana so I can inspect your hair for knots". I think if you wrap it on the job they can't make you cut em. Its kinda like if u go to work with your genitals exposed, they cant tell you to remove them, but they sure can tell you to cover it up. Hope that makes sense ;P ideally tho, I would personally prefer to not give any employer my time and sweat if they are going to attempt to tell me how to look. good luck!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form