Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
Hello pplI am sourabh from India, currently residing in the city of calcutta. I am new to the dreads and this site. I've been growing my hair for more than 2 years now, wanting to get dreads but never really found any good info apart from the lousy products u find all over the net. Though I did not have much knowledge, using these products to get dreads seemed against the whole philosophy of being natural. I thought I would wait till I find someone with enough knowledge and now I've found this wonderful site :) I have gone through a lot of stuff here and I have finally taken a decision to start off. I am gonna go completely natural, just wait and see what happens. My hair right now is below my shoulders and I have little scanty hair compared to many (will that be a problem?). It is difficult to find any dread shampoo here in India so currently I am gonna use a herbal shampoo available here which is without any conditioner and doesn't seem to leave any smell afterwards. I will upgrade to baking soda little later. I am gonna tie my hair up during working hours to avoid scaring off ppl at work.Anything else I should be doing or avoiding according to u guys? Any suggestion would be really helpful as I am a real newbie. Looking forward to ur guidance.PeaceSourabh
updated by @sourabh-thakur: 02/14/15 09:32:55AM
Lady J
@lady-j
14 years ago
6 posts
Hi Sourabh! I'm a newbie too and just as happy as you for finding this site. I don't have much advice as I only did my dreads a few days ago - twist & rip just to start things off as it seems I don't have as much patience as you, lol!Anyway, welcome to the site & happy dreading, or rather happy doing nothing & letting the dreads come to you, lol!Love & Light xxx
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
Hey Lady J! thanx for the encouragement, happy dreading to u too :)peace
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
well natural is the best way to dread.... and all you need is to wash and separate here and there, and time..... also to speed things up a wool tam, well good luck man cant cant wait to see the progress
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
thanx a lot man....i ll surely consider a wool tam
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Hey Dude..Welcome to the site..Glad to have another indian among us..that too one that wants to go natural...:)Since I'm also currently residing in India (constantly travelling between Uttranchal/Bihar/WB) I'll advice you against using "herbal shampoos" as they all leave residue...u wanna go residue free to start da dreading process...bakingsoda/acv rinse is amazing and you shud try it..cheers and welcome again
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
welcome definaterly use the baking soda unless u can get the maylees soaps in our shops shipped to there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
I'm dying to get Maylee's too so I checked...turns out shipping rate is 3times the price of the soap..lolif they do discount, maybe we can order together sourabh..lemme knw ;) soaringeagle said:
welcome definaterly use the baking soda unless u can get the maylees soaps in our shops shipped to there
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
hey, welcome to the site! great choice on going natural :)
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
heythanx for the advice, i think i ll go for BS right awaycheers Tyler Durden said:
Hey Dude..Welcome to the site..Glad to have another indian among us..that too one that wants to go natural...:)
Since I'm also currently residing in India (constantly travelling between Uttranchal/Bihar/WB) I'll advice you against using "herbal shampoos" as they all leave residue...u wanna go residue free to start da dreading process...bakingsoda/acv rinse is amazing and you shud try it..

cheers and welcome again
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form