Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sleeping with dreads

♦♣♠Jerαld♠♣♦
@jerld
14 years ago
4 posts
heyy all :) i was wonderin how you guys sleep with your dreads without makin em loose and flat? basically what im askin is what is the safest way to sleep with dreads without messin up. Thanksss
updated by @jerld: 01/13/15 08:44:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
never did anything special just arrange em in a way thats comfy i hang mine over the side of the bed or over the headrest thiobut when camping they make a great pillow for 4umm how do u controll what your dreads do while asleep? u dont..so dont worry about it while awake

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Sleeping won't mess up dreads. In fact, washing and sleeping is when dreads dread the most :)If they flatten that's ok, they'll round out ...and if they don't then there's nothing wrong with a few flat dreads :DOn a side not..I do recommend a wool sweater on your pillow as it really helps knotting a lot
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
well if ur hellbent on sleeping with dreads..atleast use protection man ;)
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I used to sleep with a satin sleep cap on, it's like a satin sower cap thing, picked it up in the "ethnic hair" isle at my local dollar store. The satin allows your hair to slide over it, unlike the cotton fabric of a pillow case which will grab at and hold hairs (pulling them looser). A satin pillow case would achieve the same goal, and look a lot less goofy, especially when having someone sleep over, lol.But as far as preventing them from flattening out a bit... I can't imagine there's anything that can be done about that.And really, I stopped waring it because dreads form via movement, and what better movement is there than being smooshed and rubbed around as you sleep, so I just felt like keeping them up was keeping them neater looking longer, but at the expense of not dreading as quickly.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont sleep! ever sleeping will mess up your dreads! u must stay awake foreverbut if u really need to sleep u must hang from the ceiling like a bat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
I'm so glad someone asked this for me, I'd been wondering the same thing the past few days or so, cause I have "flat" areas closer to the sides of my head from where the hair gets slept on. But you guys are totally right, you can't help what happens when you sleep, so no use worrying about it :)Small weight lifted, yay!
inga dinga
@inga-dinga
14 years ago
3 posts
i really dont have a problem when sleeping with them, although my bf always complains about how they poke him in the face. i dont think you have to worry much about em, they'll do what they wanna do. but i do have to say that the ones that i sleep on are kinda kinky but i think those ones are my fav. And i totally agree with soaring eagle, dreads really help me pack lite when i travel. thanks to my dreads, im always down to nap.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form