Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello Everyone!

Lady J
@lady-j
14 years ago
6 posts
Hi all, I'm new to the site but just wanted to say a quick hello & let you know how pleased I am I found this site.I'm on my 3rd day of having dreads but thanks to this site I've saved myself paying 100 for someone to put wax in my hair. I'd read up about it all on here so when I went to the salon & they suggested wax I didn't bother booking an appointment.Instead I spent most of the following day doing twist & rip (in between keepng my 2 toddlers entertained, lol!).I didn't bother going right to the roots - thought I'd leave that to fate, and make it easier to tie back when I need to - and I've been spraying my dreads with sea salt every now & again. They seem pretty matted but not that tight for now - does this sound about right?I'm just trying my hardest now to stop playing with them all the time!
updated by @lady-j: 01/13/15 08:44:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sounds like a great start :) so lets seee em!i wouldnt over do it on the salt tho can get u too dry and u said u do it occasionally but are only in day 3 so that makes me thing 3-4 times a day? once or twice a weeks plenty id think

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lady J
@lady-j
14 years ago
6 posts
Ok thanks, I'd better keep my bottle of salt water out of reach for a while!Pics will be on this evening hopefully.If my dreads are loosening/unravelling a bit should I just leave them or should I twist & rip again?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Don't re t & r them you could possibly undo some knots that are forming and slow down the dreading. let nature take it's course. Many Blessings Lady J said:
Ok thanks, I'd better keep my bottle of salt water out of reach for a while!
Pics will be on this evening hopefully.
If my dreads are loosening/unravelling a bit should I just leave them or should I twist & rip again?
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
It is common for them to unravel a bit if not all way and start to dread in their own way. Dont worry about redoing any if it comes undone, it will just dread up on its own. Sounds like your off to a great start, I know its hard but try not to play with them too much. The best thing to do is just keep em clean and seperate, and otherwise forget you have anything up there :) Lady J said:
Ok thanks, I'd better keep my bottle of salt water out of reach for a while!
Pics will be on this evening hopefully.
If my dreads are loosening/unravelling a bit should I just leave them or should I twist & rip again?
Lady J
@lady-j
14 years ago
6 posts
Thanks guys! It usually wouldn't be so hard as I'm running around after 2 kids, but they're at Granny's today so what is normally some well appreciated time on my own to work on my degree, is like some kind of mind torture not to mess with my hair, lol!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form