Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oh the guilt!

Shane McPherson
@shane-mcpherson
14 years ago
3 posts
So I have a very close friend that refuses to listen to anything that I say about her locks. She she refused to let her hair lock up naturally in the beginning and I gave in and helped her back-comb her hair. Then she complained and complained about how they weren't maturing fast enough and started using wax. So a week ago she asked me to order her this stuff called "Lock Peppa" from...wait for it...Dread HQ! She is a very close friend and a complete Hippy that refuses to have any form of a creidt card, thus I come into play. I was so hesitant, but I love her dearly. Is it sad that I felt the need to explain in their comment box when I was ordering it for her, that it wasn't for me and I was only doing this as a favor, lol. What the hell is Lock Peppa anyways??? I read the description and I don't understand how it is different from wax...? Anyone ever used this stuff? and what the hell is it really for? It seems like wax would do the same exact thing from what I read.
updated by @shane-mcpherson: 02/14/15 06:38:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its dirt..literalyclay sand tree saptell your freind to get her ass on here and get the wax out she dont gotta listen to you just join here we will straighten her outrefuse to buy it tell her u love her too much to see her screw up her dreads and u will insist she needs to get the wax out or she will regret ita freind must be willing to tell the truth bluntly even risk the freindship to help the freindtell her if she joins here and talks to all of us i will buy her the crap muself if she still wants it but i guarantee she wont when she learns thew tryuth but just tell her u refuse to buy it unless she joins here and reads the truth 1st

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yep thats it tree sap and clay wat kind of hippe that doesnt own a credit card buys things from capitalist companies such as that? hummmph some hippie :) soaringeagle said:
its dirt..literaly
clay sand tree sap
tell your freind to get her ass on here and get the wax out she dont gotta listen to you just join here we will straighten her out

refuse to buy it tell her u love her too much to see her screw up her dreads and u will insist she needs to get the wax out or she will regret it
a freind must be willing to tell the truth bluntly even risk the freindship to help the freind

tell her if she joins here and talks to all of us i will buy her the crap muself if she still wants it but i guarantee she wont when she learns thew tryuth but just tell her u refuse to buy it unless she joins here and reads the truth 1st
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its your card you can set the rules for its use and tell her only if she joines here and reads at least thye dreaducation and dread wax threads as well as post a thread asking for opinions and advice tell her if she does those 3 simple things you'll get it for her

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
its funny cause i know what you mean, my older brother, started dreads a few months ago and he uses wax..... its sad, my own brother, hes 10 yrs older, and i too warned him of the evils of wax, but he was like, i been around and know some people back west and from his travels that wax and got the nicest locks you will ever see......... i just laugh, cause he thinks hes wise and dont listen to me, he hasnt seen me since i started my locks, natural : ), so i cant wait to see his after his few months of wax, up against mine, lol some people just think thew know and dont want to listen when your just tryin to help........ its crazy...... and funny, but its their hair all you can do is warn them and hope they go about it the right way.........
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Tell your friend to do the following:1. Make salt water (Mix at least one or two teaspoons of salt with at least eight ounces of water)2. Pour salt water into a spray bottle (If the salt water is hot let it cool down before continuing to #3)3. Spray salt water onto her dreadlocks4. Let the salt water dry.5. Rinse the salt out.6. Go outside and enjoy the wind.The salt water mixture will make her hair coarser and make her dreadlocks knot and matte together a little bit faster.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yup..and it will easily do more than lock peppa ever could :) GoldenEagle said:
Tell your friend to do the following:

1. Make salt water (Mix at least one or two teaspoons of salt with at least eight ounces of water)
2. Pour salt water into a spray bottle (If the salt water is hot let it cool down before continuing to #3)
3. Spray salt water onto her dreadlocks
4. Let the salt water dry.
5. Rinse the salt out.
6. Go outside and enjoy the wind.

The salt water mixture will make her hair coarser and make her dreadlocks knot and matte together a little bit faster.
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
I have a similar problem with a friend, but at least he isn't using wax. He just maintains constantly and complains about loose hairs. You can show them the truth all you want, but in the end, it is up to them to make the decision. You can only hope for the best.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yesterday i seen my brother...... it looked waxy and gross, i wanted to slap some scents into him, but when those who dont heed your warning, then they just got to learn the hard way..... neil coe said:
its funny cause i know what you mean, my older brother, started dreads a few months ago and he uses wax..... its sad, my own brother, hes 10 yrs older, and i too warned him of the evils of wax, but he was like, i been around and know some people back west and from his travels that wax and got the nicest locks you will ever see......... i just laugh, cause he thinks hes wise and dont listen to me, he hasnt seen me since i started my locks, natural : ), so i cant wait to see his after his few months of wax, up against mine, lol some people just think thew know and dont want to listen when your just tryin to help........ its crazy...... and funny, but its their hair all you can do is warn them and hope they go about it the right way.........
Shane McPherson
@shane-mcpherson
14 years ago
3 posts
Sorry guys, I haven't been back on the site for a while and am now just reading all of these comments. So after I placed the order, weeks went by with no nothing. I called and e-mailed Dread HQ and they said that they had no record of my order, wtf? I paid through Paypal and all. Finally, I got pissed and stated that I was going to file the issue with Paypal. The product was finally sent out and they were quite apologetic, said it was Paypals fault. One funny thing though, is that the girl at Dread HQ said that hadn't recieved any orders since January of 2010, lmfao. No orders the whole year? lol, not very popular they are. When I got the order, I quickly put some in my hand to see what this shit was. It seemed just like baby powder. My friend was delighted though. She said it worked really well for loose hairs. To each his own, I guess. lol.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form