Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do I separate the hair?

Alicia2
@alicia2
14 years ago
12 posts
When I start, can I start from the front? I would like to get going on this, but I don't have anyone to help me with it for a few days. And do I start from the top in the front or what? And should I just separate with my fingers or a comb to be more precise? Lot of questions. lol
updated by @alicia2: 01/13/15 08:41:54PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I would say grab random sections. Or you can be precise, in the end the undreaded hair around the roots should cover the sections anyways so it shouldn't really matter :)But make sure you don't get hairs from one section into the dread of another section...this will make things quite painful as the tighten..I know from experience :/
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well thats cause u had salon sectioning strict rigid instead of more natural randomnessstop combing a few days and the hair sections itselfstart undearneath where it cant be seen as well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
My hair naturally is sectioning down the middle. Its the natural part. Should I try to redirect it?
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Nope, just let your hair do what it is going to do. Nicole said:
My hair naturally is sectioning down the middle. Its the natural part. Should I try to redirect it?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I sectioned my hair and did some random sectioning at the top...I ended up combing out that part and making it a straight part...there is such a thing as too much randomness...I would say to section with the part you are most comfortable in
Hayden Lacey
@hayden-lacey
13 years ago
6 posts

I just have a general question abt sectioning my hair. I pretty much put in random locks all over my head and I can see now where some strands of hair should be in other locks, will this be a problem for me down the road on my journey?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u dont have to section or start

heres a lil lesson

stop combing

in a week or 2 maxx often less it sections itself and starts to dread

so its pretty simple u can let nature do it all for you

now if your dead set on sectioning i(instead of waiting for it to secytion itself) u dont want to do silly squares all the same size just take random sections and sizeds (none over an inch) just be careful to make sure u dont got alot of hair from 1 section going into another

but most importantly how are u planning on "starting"

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no just might need to seperate more often

if theyre criss crossed alot but when u gert em sectioned and they star to behave they will stay in the dread they beloing in

Hayden Lacey said:

I just have a general question abt sectioning my hair. I pretty much put in random locks all over my head and I can see now where some strands of hair should be in other locks, will this be a problem for me down the road on my journey?

--
Hayden Lacey
@hayden-lacey
13 years ago
6 posts

Ok thanks for your help soaring eagle.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form