Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

spikey dreadlocks

shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
my locks are like 2 months new now and they just dont seem to hang down there more straight up like don king i dunno if this is because there new and there small or what any suggestions?
updated by @shaun-saunders: 02/14/15 07:42:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
backcombed? were they waxed?how smallpics>backcombed dreads tend to look rediculouse awhile..igf u wax they can become stiff and stick up worseif thats not the issue even natural dreads if short can stick up someumm do u root rub? if so..stop it!your knotting the roots too tight to the scalp so theres no room to move and lie downim guessing herepics as well as a history of everything ya did will help diagnose it better..but could be fairly normalor a symptom of something ya did

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
hahah ahh yer they were backcombed but they were well locked i made sure he didnt lock the roots (your probably like WTF are your retarded... no) because i knew theyd stick up id say its coz there new and havent got much weight to em yet there about 7inches long but its only on the very top they stick up ill take a photo tonight and post it but like my tips are so poo thats what gets me so angry about em i have about 60+ probably coz there that small it takes so long to do the tips my arms get tired and iam like fuck it ill get me friend to do it but hes a stoner and never has time i had them backcombed and i do the tips with a crochet needle which works really well i just pull the hair up through the middle and out the side then the hair thats out the side back through the opposite side makes em nice and tight and round which is what iam looking for sorry for the lengthy reply
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
rounded tips aere so overratedmany of my freinds spent months rounding theyre tips only to later comb them outther biggest reason being practicle.. rounded tips hold in water.. loose tips alow it to flow right oit like a wickthey dry so much faster whenthe water just drips on outim not telling ya what to do with your dreads.. just ..letting ya know theres drawbacksalso the most rewarding part of dreading for most ppl is to let go of trying to force your hair to do what u want instead just loving the way it does what it wantssome dreads round on theyre own naturaly some dont some u grt crazy balls in the endsthe ones that stay whispy dry the fastest

--
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
yer its not all of em just due to the ridiculous amount of effort itd take but i doubt ill do anymore i think ill just let em go from now on
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
dreads should never take a rediculouse amount of effortwell..in extremely dread resistant hair irt might take a lil effort.. but for most it should be totaly effortlessmost of the ppl i knew dreaded by just playing in the woods and forgetting bout theyre hair.. some wantred dreads..others well just dodnt want to prevent em enoiughdreads tend to hasppen when your just having too much damn fun to ebven think about haireffortless..floating on bliss..ya just wake up one morning and wonder what happened

--
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
haha i feel exactly like you said you wanted to shave em off i sit there at like 10 at night lookin at em and they get me so angry and iam like nah fuck it cuttin em off or brushing em out but then iam like nah i want that natural look not salon and what gets me so angry is people that say stuff when they dont know what there talking about like aww there soft there shit if there soft.....?? there new durr give em a while to fully lock and then see or people like teachers that say they look stupid there that backwards they dont know shit about today and yet these people always wanna touch em or look at em the only problem i see with salon locks is that there expensive and there to perfect and thats not what dreads are about this is a pick of me friend who paid $700 for his and cut em off 1yr later http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/56/l_9a8b9352a86d497988fc32dfef0c020d.jpg
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
salons almost all screw yai bet his were waxy as hell and thats why theyre in a bahg instead of on a head only a year latrrtheyre for looks only not survivabiliy

--
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
suprisingly his were good like nice and tight properly locked he never had waxed they were backcombed twisted but his roots are about 20cm long coz the were shit doin the roots so they didnt lock themselves but you cant really tell from there but he has about 120+ his were about 2cm round each one with random fatties like 10cm round lol they were good i loved em and then he cut em after me telling him not to for a solid 2months
Erin Joy Lauzon
@erin-joy-lauzon
15 years ago
15 posts
i put beads on the ends of mine... weighs them down a bit
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form