dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Started Jan 15 with baby fine hair, backcombed a bit, later added extensions

Mele
@mele
14 years ago
7 posts
Before dreads:

As you can see I had BABY FINE straight hair. I thought it impossible to dread. I'm making thise just for those of you out there with my type of hair who can't find people like you :)

Within a month of backcombing. At this point I'm backcombing all the time.

About 2 months in. I wasn't seeing ANY progress and was really starting to feel discouraged...

A few months in and right after a day at the beach. looove that sea water! (by the way I LOVE Lush's sea salt solid shampoo!)

This is 6 months in and bbecause of all the backcombing and tightening up, my hair got SUPER short and all my dreads were all different lenghts but were really starting to lock up! I put my extensions in about a month after this...

All of these are recent as of the last 2 weeks (from July 18th).
updated by @mele: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u know rebackcombing all the time probably undid more progress then ut helped baby fine hair dreads fairly easy despite what they say the sea probably did more in a day then 3 weeks of constant backcombing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Love your tattoo! Did you design it?
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
looks like they're coming along nicelybtw, maybe it's just. me but i can't see the first three pics.
Mele
@mele
14 years ago
7 posts
Oh yea. That backcombing really messed them up alot. I started them on my boyfriend last month and even told him DONT BACKCOMB! I learned my lesson :) soaringeagle said:
u know rebackcombing all the time probably undid more progress then ut helped baby fine hair dreads fairly easy despite what they say the sea probably did more in a day then 3 weeks of constant backcombing
Mele
@mele
14 years ago
7 posts
Yep and thats what I learned from this process. Thanks I didn't design it. I actually was looking for a memorial tattoo for my dad who died in April. He was cremated, and his ashes are in the birds breaking free from the feather :) Took 4 hours but so worth it. I love it :) Glad it's appreciated haha Knottysleeves said:
LOVE your tattoo!

Yup, the constant re-backcombing is why it took so long to dread up. You're supposed to backcomb just once and then let the hair knot up naturally from there.

Are those rubberbands in your back dreads?
Mele
@mele
14 years ago
7 posts
Thanks :) Yea I can't see them either and thought it was just me. Idk why theyre not showing... MzElaineous said:
looks like they're coming along nicely

btw, maybe it's just. me but i can't see the first three pics.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form