Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I am tore up...

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
i love my dreads dude... but before i had them i had flippy strait pretty boi hair and uknoe i got tired of itand i for some reason i jus felt like i needed to do this, but from the beginning i she was totally against it, but i did wut was rite for me u knoe, and she fuckin broke up with me dude and thats not even the worst part man, its like everyone i knoe is treating me differently now man there all lik either talkin mad shit bout me or making fun of my dreads behind my bak and no u guys are gonna say jus rub it off or wutever but its not like jus a few people, its like everyone i knoe this is the reason im obsessed with trying to find someway to keep my dreads lookin gkind of well cuz i got school at the end of august and dude i mite be overreacting but i love my fucking dreads im not satisfied with them yet becuz i want them looking good but i def wont them good before school startsi dont knoe i didnt wanna post anything on facebook or myspace so i came here cuz i thought mayb i could get dome advice from fellow dreads
updated by @spacemantravis: 01/13/15 08:41:06PM
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
thank you im working things out and im trying not to care wut other people think
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
accept your dsreads and stop caring what others thingk look at t=it this way your repelling the shallow fools that would only bring u down anywaybe glad they are gone u got better ppl who like u for u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Nicely said my friend. SikTh_Man said:
You got dreads for you, not for anyone else. You're goal in getting them isn't to please others, it's to fulfill your own desire to have them for whatever reason you so chose. For one, if your ex broke up with your for your dreads, that means she wasn't with you for who you are as a person, she was with you for some other reason (possibly looks?). You should find someone who will stand by your side regardless of your appearance, because everyone gets old and wrinkly and you want someone to love you for your inner beauty.

And as far as your 'friends' judging you goes - you have to do what makes you happy so long as it doesn't cause any harm to others. Something like getting dreads does no harm to them. You have to be confident in your decisions and not worry about what others say about you. Everyone will make a judgment about you in your life, and by allowing them to oppress you in any way gives them power over you which they don't deserve. Nobody is better than anyone else, and that is why it's important to learn to live and prosper to your own satisfaction, not anyone else'. The sooner you're able to do this, the quicker you'll be able to evolve as an individual.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Buy a pet, they are loyal... hell, you can even get one with dreads if you really wanted.
Davey
@davey
14 years ago
22 posts
your 15 man, don't let them people get you down you have a life to live and you don't want to live with regrets. i know it's hard to think about now, but for real, people come and go sometimes; the people i knew and ran around with when i was your age are fleeting memories anymore, everyone is having kids and getting married, no one seems to have any time and half them think i'm to damn odd anymore; some people are still cool but i don't have anything to talk to them about anymore, so it's just another facebook update or i play with them on wow every so often. That's not a bad thing in my eyes though, because i let go of those people who would judge me and now i see them as what they are, i don't have many friends but those i do have i consider family, and i would do anything for them because i know they would do the same for me.and i've had a girl leave me because of my dreads, it was lame but ohwell, she was a good person, just not my person; i've also had girls beg me to hang out with them, i've even been offered money to leave the girl i was with to come be with them and i'm far from good lookin lol.bottom line, stop stressin, smoke a bowl and listen to some bob marley, gotta get some positive vibrations happenin in your life and everything will work out while you flow with the river of life until you get to stix
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I know your 15, and things like this seem more devastatingly new to you, but any woman who would seriously end a relationship over something as silly as hair (especially when it is something that is of great significance to yourself) is not one worth stressing over,I'm still sorry to hear that though man, it's depressing =(as for friends and family, moms usually always will give you crap, my friends did to, the same people that used to tell me to go back to my old hair later on become so used to how you look they tell you they couldnt imagine u any other way,keep your young locks, and as they grow and change you will to and you will gain friends that love you as your are and that would be shocked to see how you used to look without them,,but as he said, keep your locks for yourself and not to impress others.hang in there man :)
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
haha thx everyone yah i feel alot better now like when i get up in the morning i look in the mirror adn love wut i see man my dreads are only about a mont old but its something im doing for me not for anyoneelse and i cant wait till theyre fucking awesome dreads and can make all the haters eat there words hahaa well thank you i really appreciate it
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Thats the attitude right there, it took me a girl breaking up with me to jump into starting mine. I would never go back. I use them as a filter, they filter out all the rude, uneducated, people. And trust me dude, chicks dig dreads, plenty o' fish in the sea :) SpacemanTravis said:
haha thx everyone yah i feel alot better now like when i get up in the morning i look in the mirror adn love wut i see man my dreads are only about a mont old but its something im doing for me not for anyoneelse and i cant wait till theyre fucking awesome dreads and can make all the haters eat there words hahaa well thank you i really appreciate it
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
haha i hope so man im kinda looking forward to school startin up bro so i can, like show case my dreads hahaa
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form