Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Pre-Dread

Evan Miller
@evan-miller
14 years ago
18 posts
I have been intending on growing dreads for a while nowThe picture below shows how long my hair is currently, how long will it be once dreaded with the twist and rip method?
updated by @evan-miller: 02/14/15 06:38:22AM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Why not just go natural?There is no telling how much shorter your hair will get. Everyone is different.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
uhm...wtf?It's an opinion chill out...and btw those are not his dreads... dreadymom marla said:
you know@greygargoyle your quite difficult arent' you?? i looked at your ONE pic of your dreads and maybe some people dont want one big fat dread in their hair. i want my dreads the way i want them to look, and this guy wants his to look a different way, why do you have to bash us for not wanting what you want. and thinking everything YOU do is right and what we do is wrong.
WRONG-O! GreyGargoyle said:
Why not just go natural?

There is no telling how much shorter your hair will get. Everyone is different.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Well this post is not related to yours so just drop the issue. He is giving good advice here regardless of what you think.Evan, If you TnR they will be thinner and wont loose length immediately. As they tighten they'll get shorted. I don't know how short they'll be like Grey says, but I don't think they would lose more than half of the length at the most. My hair was TnRd a month ago and I haven't lost more than an inch so yeah it's different for everyone :) dreadymom marla said:
well, he just bashed in on my post about 5 mintues ago, and so i decided to look at other posts and it just happens to be another one where he thinks he can just push his opinions on others. sorry if im a little touchy, but i dont need to be bashed with his opinions and telling me mine are bull.

Paula said:
uhm...wtf?
It's an opinion chill out...

and btw those are not his dreads...
dreadymom marla said:
you know@greygargoyle your quite difficult arent' you?? i looked at your ONE pic of your dreads and maybe some people dont want one big fat dread in their hair. i want my dreads the way i want them to look, and this guy wants his to look a different way, why do you have to bash us for not wanting what you want. and thinking everything YOU do is right and what we do is wrong.
WRONG-O!
GreyGargoyle said:
Why not just go natural?

Evan Miller
@evan-miller
14 years ago
18 posts
No, I appreciate the response. I have been considering natural locks but I wasn't sure. All opinions are helpful
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
maybe you should have said something in the other post cause if u read what he said and how you replied,it just makes u sound a lil cRaZy! Grey was simply offering another option from T & R and being honest. No bashing here. dreadymom marla said:
WRONG-O! GreyGargoyle said:
Why not just go natural?

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
LOL..so I read your posts and I see that you support crochet. If you're going to do that here, prepare to be bashed by MANY ... dreadymom marla said:
well, maybe your right naturalwoman. but i just got a little pissy about his posts to me.. i just think he is one-minded about dreads, and i thought we were supposed to try and do and explain and support different methods on this site..
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
i wasn't trying to take sides i was just stating how it appeared from this one thread. I understand that everybody has a right to their own opinions and i know we all get pissy sometimes. But i do happen to agree with Greys outlook on locks. we share an opinion on naturalism when it comes to dreads, not that everybody else does.You have to try & understand his personality a lil. Grey i don't mean to speak for you but since our lil FB discussion with alicia i do feel i get u a bit! We bonded over being called bitter anti waxers and i was being nice to the girl!anyway he is sincerely trying to help people he just doesn't sugar coat it! Don't be offended he is a sweetie! But you have to remember that this site is largely promoting Natural Locks.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
woah no its not his but i DO have a HUGE problem with you disrespecting someones elses locks. Not Cool!Just because you like em manicured and created doesn't mean that there's something wrong with someone who had the patience and confidence to go natural. dreadymom marla said:
so the pic he has on his profile page in his photos that has a big fat nasty dread in the back are not his?? i know the profile pic aint his. its pretty much everyone on heres profile pic.
ladyofthekastle
@ladyofthekastle
14 years ago
18 posts
Aside from all the arguing :) I think that you should dread it however you feel...As long as you're not damaging it i obviously won't cause you any harm---unless you're a wimp like me and can't take headaches very well....which i can't. O.0 but anyway sorry about the rambling...Um. I'm using the twist and rip method and my hair isn't very much shorter. It's maybe an inch or so shorter. But of course, my hair is bone straight. So I'm not sure. :)=] good luck!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form