Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

there is nothing natural about crochet

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok so someone who recently joined was being very argumentative and aggressive about crochet and the last thing she said was that she believed crochet was a natural way to dreadso lets look at this a mommentyour taking a metal hook thrusting it thorough a dread to make the dread supernaturaly tight extra skinny and without any natural featured whatsoever, ontop of that your breaking hairs causing the dreads to need repair all the timeso we know the methods very unatural but what about the dread?the crochetted dreads are hard stiff and have a woven look nit dreaded, they feel scratchy and as one person described it squeeky when squeezed (broken hairs rubbing on eachother) if crochetted for long periods then allowed to have the new growth be natural theres a very distinctive difference in look and feelnatural dreads form naturaly thats what defines them as natural drewds, vrochet falls faer outside of that.im not descriminating against any dreads im just stating it how it is.now there are non natural methods that arent all that harmful and are even recomended for those who dont go natural, but there is a reason that crochet is never recomended.and thats because it does a lot of damage, more then backcomb more then obsessive rubbing.and the end results are way tighter then dreads should be thats why they get stiff and way too skinnytheres nothing "natural" about the look method feel or anythingand to claim it is a natural method just proves how little most locticians actualy understand dreading.in fact i truly believe now the average loctician knows less about dreading then i knew when 1srt starting out and only knew dreads happened if u throw away the comb.she was just getting more and more argumentative posting nothing but negativity and said 6 hours ago she was leaving so..i helped her leave i hope thats ok with all of u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 11:41:08AM
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
It's fine by me :)Take it from someone who had crochet, they are everything SE said and more.And, if someone truly wants dreads for all the reasons that they should (not just for vanity sake) then I would think that you wouldn't feel good about it inside. Or maybe that was just me, but I know that I wanted my dreads to be a journey, and when I had them crocheted, I felt like I cheated myself.Just my 2 cents .
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your dreads are already looking amazing after 12 days natural and after seeing your fb pics i have to say you were totally meant to have natural dreads im so glad we dragged u on over here :)

--
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Thanks SE, I am so happy that you guys found me too. :) soaringeagle said:
your dreads are already looking amazing after 12 days natural and after seeing your fb pics i have to say you were totally meant to have natural dreads im so glad we dragged u on over here :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I deffinitely agree. Whether a person wants to crochet or not is their choice. But, I felt that she as a loctician had the resposability to explain the method to her customers, and give other healthier options first.The information on the internet on dreading is so bad that I'm sure as soon as she gives her customers the "natural" option to crochet, the customers agree immediately. It's very unfortunate that it had to end this way because now I believe she will be even more defensive and protective of the crocheting method and will most likely not give her customers a choice.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I'm glad it worked out too, it was like a dready intervention! :D Nicole said:
Thanks SE, I am so happy that you guys found me too. :)

soaringeagle said:
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
People don't know what natural is these days, there's woman who call their vaginal births natural yet they took epi's and other various intervention drugs.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well if yoir using birth as an anology for dreading crochet would be more like a c-sectionand when she said she believed it was a natural method i just knew nothing was getting through to her so why keep someone around who only wanted to argue

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I agree...the only truly natural way to dread is naturally, leave it alone and it will dread Knottysleeves said:
you could easily argue that twist & rip is a manufacturing method as well. ;-)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
knotty i agree that starting with crochet isnt as devasdstating as if you maintain with crochet as well and the maintaining does muchmore harm..i dont think its a good way to start though but can be recovered from

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form