Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Going to the beach

Garrett Sale
@garrett-sale
14 years ago
17 posts
Hey guys, im going to the beach in a few weeks for about 5 days and i was wondering if i should wash the salt water out of my hair every night or just let the sea water do its thing all week? my dreads are only about 3 to 4 weeks old right now.
updated by @garrett-sale: 01/13/15 08:38:23PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
if it itches yep,I live on the beach and it doesn't bother me anymore, but I'd still recommend at least rinsing after (most beaches will have showers outside so you can do this.whatever works best for you though.
Garrett Sale
@garrett-sale
14 years ago
17 posts
Will i loose the benefits of the salt if i rinse it out right after?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
First of all, Welcome!!about the question, I would. Sea water is great for helping the locking process but if you will be swimming for a good while then you should rinse at night. You don't want your hair(or scalp) to get to dry.I use sea salt in water and spray after I shower because my hair is usually very conditioned after I shower. But I only use 1-2 sprays per section so it's not too much.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
You don't have to wash, as much as rinse, and it's at your discretion really. I like to leave my hair salty while I sleep, then rinse in the mornings, or the next day after. Just pay attention to your hair and when it feels like it should be rinse, just rinse it. I'd be cautious about spending too much time under water tho. Submerging young babies like that can be too much free movement for individual hairs and can cause them to unravel some, but again, your hair will tell you. If they feel like they can handle it, go for it, if not, go for it anyway, they'll just lock up more naturally afterward.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I live by the beach too and sometimes my hair doesn't get rinsed for 2 days, sometimes straight away. I haven't seen any ill effects.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form