Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

aloe for dreads?

JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
what kind of aloe do you use on your dreads? i was looking at target and i couldn't find just plain aloe. everything i found had other ingedients like glycerin and... that's all i can remember, but there were more... haha. umm, also, what exactly do you use it for?
updated by @jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks: 02/03/18 11:44:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
like she saidand\use it for conditioning as needed and when u really need to look tidy for a formal or hot date.but dont overuse it u dont need it at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
I use it str8 off the plant, can't get much more 100% then that. I use it usually when my dreads are dry and just apply to my scalp the smell can be a little strong at first but goes away in 15 minutes. Don't leave it in your hair to long might grow mold mould.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
If you don't have a plant you can buy Aloe gel at the health food store, I like the gel for hair as opposed to the juice.
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
thanks guys!do you get a lot of gel out of the actual plant? i've only ever had a really small one...
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
You get more out of mature plants for sure. I've seen some with stalks as thick as bananas. JESSICA EVA said:
thanks guys!
do you get a lot of gel out of the actual plant? i've only ever had a really small one...
Madeline
@madeline
14 years ago
24 posts
you can find 100% aloe gel at walmart too :) found that out today!
S Pluskiss
@s-pluskiss
13 years ago
27 posts
justback from vacation, and need to try this out. My hair looks fried :(
Jamie J
@jamie-j
11 years ago
1 posts
Aloe is great..... I take the aloes leaves, chop them up in a blender, pour the blend into a stocking, then while in the shower use the stocking filled with aloe goo and rub it into the locs. The stocking will filter all the unwanted green leafy pieces. Continue to rinse for a little while then dry locs as normal

updated by @jamie-j: 07/03/15 06:04:17AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form