Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just a Trim?

Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
So, I notice more and more that most peoples dreads are just the dreaded form of their hair grown out. And while that is beautiful, I cut 4 of mine, and (with another shorter dread, Wanda) gave myself spider leg like bangs, I guess. They were all obscenely long, and I'd constantly be battling with them cuz they were always right in my way unless pulled back.I did this a while ago, and didn't think that I'd enjoy it, but figured I could always put them back onto the tips. But I love it. So what I'm wandering is, who here has gotten a haircut, for style or functionality, after having their dreads for a while.Not a cut to remove your dreads, just to have them in a different form?
updated by @alden: 01/13/15 08:25:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
not me..odviosly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
LOL, well no, I hadn't imagined that you'd be telling us you had ever cut yours after your first batch.
Chevelle Trant
@chevelle-trant
15 years ago
33 posts
I dont think i could bring myself to do it,lol Alden said:
LOL, well no, I hadn't imagined that you'd be telling us you had ever cut yours after your first batch.
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
i don't think i could do it either. when i have my dreads down i just push them to the side and they just swoop over to the other side and their not in my face anymore.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I wanna see pics of the bangs. I was considering something similar when they get long.
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts

that's kind of a cool concept. like layers or something. see, I have a taper which means I cut my hair along my hairline & sides. (see busta rhymes) I think when people have it styled differently it's a good thing. It's cool when you think about it.. it's a hairstyle/ritual/part of ones religion/show of defiance all in one. lol that's what I love so much about dreads they have different meanings to each person who wears them. no other hairstyle gets such a bad rap as dreadlocks yet we are proud to carry them along with us.
updated by @tha-tron: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
what about bright green punk mohawk?? lol tha tron said:

that's kind of a cool concept. like layers or something. see, I have a taper which means I cut my hair along my hairline & sides. (see busta rhymes) I think when people have it styled differently it's a good thing. It's cool when you think about it.. it's a hairstyle/ritual/part of ones religion/show of defiance all in one. lol that's what I love so much about dreads they have different meanings to each person who wears them. no other hairstyle gets such a bad rap as dreadlocks yet we are proud to carry them along with us.

updated by @shaun-saunders: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
yeah, them too lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form