Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shower (hair not dreaded but trying to)

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Ok so every time I take a shower can I wet my hair or should I wear something over my head? I haven't combed it in 3 days, so I just wanted to make sure if the water will mess it up or....what?
updated by @aaronthelegend: 01/13/15 08:35:46PM
Joshua O'Connor
@joshua-oconnor
14 years ago
32 posts
ermm as far as i know u should be fine aslong as u dont wash ure hair everyday,,, just by using the baking soda acv rinse u aint gotta scrub or anything so u should be ok by washing ure hair once a week or so,,,? just dont comb it
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah I didn't get my hair wet this time, I just put a bandanna on and took a shower.
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
Water itself is drying, and even without dreads, I'd say not to wash every day. I wash my baby dreads about twice a week, and the rest of the time I think it's OK to either just pull your hair up in a pony to keep it mostly out of the way, or just rinse it out with plain water (or spray with a sea salt water a little bit before the shower, then rinse) if you feel like it needs it. I just use my instincts about what's going on with my hair at the time.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
yeah I just pulled my hair back and made sure it didn't get wet. Trying to let it just get all tangled without combing. Is it ok to like move your hair? Because the front of my head it stick up and goes 100 different directions. I just shake my head and move it to the side so it's not a disaster in the front.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
let it be a beautiful disaster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I want to have the front neat, and everywhere else messy. When I say neat I just mean sectioned differently, not that johnny clean hook tool.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I remember back in high school when i had my longer curly hair I went a few days of not brushing my hair and just got it wet with water only in the shower (which seemingly worked as good as not brushing) by the 3rd day I had big knots forming on the right side of my head(be4 i even wanted locks or knew much about them)pretty much the beginning of locks right there, took a few hours to comb out.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Just be patient, your hair will section out first and then start to lock up.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form