Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Naturalizing dreadlocks after using loose hair tool (dreadheadhq)

Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
Since discovering this forum over the weekend and through personal conversations with SE I am thinking I would like to allow my dreads to 'naturalize' more. I started my dreads with DHHQ products (not wax) and have been pretty diligent about taking care of loose hairs and pulling them all in with my Loose Hair Tool, but I am starting to think I might like my dreads having more 'character' as it were. I think it might reflect my personality more. The more I look at the natural dread photos on here, the more I appreciate and admire them.I am just OCD enough that loose hairs about make me twitch, LOL. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me overcome that and let my dreads start to do some of their own things?
updated by @raging-roots-amy: 02/14/15 06:26:18AM
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
LOL That's a good idea. I have 51 dreads. ^_^ I'll have to try that!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
two thing that helped me,take an extra step back from the mirror,or wrap your loose hair around the roots if it's annoying you.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Let go of your OCD for one week, it goes away.Sometimes you will fall into the habit of the OCD curse but you will get over it.Everything will fall into place.Looking at dreads pictures is one thing that made me decide to go natural.But one of the things that helped most was that I couldn't be bothered to "fix" my hair, lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
an extra step back from the mirror? how about take the mirror to the curb and say goodbyeuse shadows instead if u see a dread in a shadow stick out weirsd or a loose strand flapping in the wind just smooth it with your handi hardly ever look in a mirror anymore i mostly use shadows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
LOL Yeah the mirror in our bathroom is HUGE.... takes up a third of that wall! I don't know if I could take it down.... I do use it for other stuff, lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
find something else to do with your time abnd your handsi had it easy was at a gathering (see my vids) having so much fun it was easy to forget u had hair if u got stuff keeping u busy and entertained its easy to not mess with your hairi guess that loose hair tools a glorified crochet hook roght? let it be your salvation start making tams u can sell or trade em here making tams or beads or whatever will keep your hands busy and away from your head

--
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
I make coils... I sell them in my Etsy. :-) I should add myself to your shop page, but I'm too lazy atm, LOL. I haven't had the patience to teach myself crochet. The loose hair tool is more like a latch hook than a crochet hook.
(This is a video I created about how to use it. ^_^)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
holy crap that thing looks huge and u push it through like 3-4 inches of dread..owww..several of my dreads are thinner then that thingdefinately add your etsy when u get a chance

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreading is therapy inn fact dreading can cure (mostly or at least help) ocds and also eatting disorders body image disorders and self esteem issues among other thingsi personaly know at least 5 anorexics (long time even) who cured very severe anorexia by dreading.. simply letting go can do so much for you

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form