Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My secret ingredient to make dreads look beautiful!

Sergio Escalera
@sergio-escalera
14 years ago
21 posts
Haha made you check out this discussion. What i really wanted is to have a discussion about M.I.A's(Singe/Artist) new song and music video called "Born Free" It was so Detailed and Outspoken that they do not even show it on YouTube. Once you have typed it in on google and watched it.Think about if that music video used people with Locks instead of "red haired" individuals. Do you think the message would be different or the same?Oh and the secret ingredient to develop beautiful dreads is.....NOTHING! (WoW! Caps lock)-love,peace and chicken grease
updated by @sergio-escalera: 02/14/15 07:14:58AM
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
:)
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
I have never seen the video where can I see it? I just like the secret for dreads haha
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
little too disturbing for my taste...loland i dont understand the message
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
that was the worse vid ive ever seen the music sucked bad enough but the imagery was absolutely horrifying..i feel watching it did permanent damage and i cant believe i watched it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
lolguess i dont really need to see it if its that bad :) soaringeagle said:
that was the worse vid ive ever seen the music sucked bad enough but the imagery was absolutely horrifying..
i feel watching it did permanent damage and i cant believe i watched it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its worse then that bad..whoever made it should be tortured and whoever played the music sounded like they were being tortured Lindsay said:
lol guess i dont really need to see it if its that bad :)

soaringeagle said:
that was the worse vid ive ever seen the music sucked bad enough but the imagery was absolutely horrifying..
i feel watching it did permanent damage and i cant believe i watched it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lizzy Rue
@lizzy-rue
14 years ago
12 posts
I think it could have been a lot better. I got a pretty strong message from it. I think (just my opinion) that it is meant to show how rediculous war is. People being beaten for no other purpose than the fact that they have red hair, or are simply in the way. I think it's meant to remind us of the aggressive tactics used by police for whatever reason is doled out. The hive mentality, unqustioningly following orders no matter how many people ar hurt in he process. It's really just a twist on a familiar theme. Except instead of the ones being hunted being an outsider or a minority, those being chased are considered by man Americans as pretty common and not the "enemy" at all.So, I think that it has some good points to make. In my mind, it's meant to show the cruel nature of war, and the weight that some people in this world have to live with every day. Although I do think that the message is very muddled, and could do with a little less violence. But I also don't think she was going for making people comfortable.
Lizzy Rue
@lizzy-rue
14 years ago
12 posts
ok. well, that was just my opinion. sorry that i didn't do my research, i'm glad someone took the time to. Victoria said:
Actually, the message the video was trying to make was about the US's tyranny and interference in world affairs (how the US acts like the world's police). She was basing the video off of a similar video of the Tamil Tigers, a 'rebel' group in Sri Lanka that her father was a part of. All of the officers had American flags on their arms, despite the video being in a different country.

I know the meaning was kind of hard to tell because of all the other wars, genocides, and things that the video references, like when the ginger rebel comes out wearing a keffiyeh on his face referencing the war in Israel. But yeah, that was actually it. MIA and the director of the video have said this, this is not just my opinion. :)

Lizzy Rue
@lizzy-rue
14 years ago
12 posts
That's pretty cool. Is she still in school for it or is she actually out there working on video's? Oh and I didn't mean to sound offended, in case that's what you got :) Victoria said:
lol! No, your opinion was really good!! A video can only mean what the viewer gets from it sooo . . . your opinion IS one of the videos meanings!!
The only reason I know more about it is because my older sister is also a video artist and I like listening to her talk about and critique her 'competition'. :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form